⚜ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 22 ⚜

•❖•

The Fires of Suffering

Becomes the Light of Consciousness 

"Norman..." You mumbled with a frown as you hold on to his sleeves, flinching every time when one of the kids came running past where you and your twin stood.

It was actually playtime right now but you refuse to interact or even get close with anyone, currently, you and Norman were standing beside the house watching as all of the other kids were running and having fun.

"Come on [Y/n], you don't have to worry. Let's go play with them" Norman urge smiling comfortingly, but you replied with a shake of your head.

Isabella who had just walk out of the house had taken notice of you two standing by the side of the house. So she leisurely walks up to call out to you and Norman catching both of your attention.

"[Y/n]? Norman? Why aren't you two playing with the others?" She asks looking at both of you with concern as she knelt down.

"I don't want to" You answered with a small pout, hiding behind Norman while still clutching on to his arm as you sheepishly look down at the ground.

"What's wrong [Y/n]?" Norman asks peeking over his shoulder to look over at you followed by Isabella, as she looks over at you with a soft smile.

"Why don't you want to play with the others [Y/n]?" You glance at her and then at your brother before averting your gaze back on the ground while Norman and Isabella waited patiently for your response.

"Cause they're loud...and scary" You finally answered, mumbling your words loud enough for them to hear while shivering at your last words.

Norman tilts his head in confusion at your words turning around to face you and give you a hug which you return without a second to waste as your brother comfortingly patted your back.

Meanwhile, Isabella stares at you, curious about your words as she asks "What do you mean scary [Y/n]? Are you scared of someone?"

You pulled away from Norman as you turn your head to look over somewhere, both Norman and Isabella followed your gaze as it landed by the tree where a figure sat alone reading a book.

"Ray?" Norman said aloud looking over to you as you gave him a nod of your head to confirm his answer.

"Why do you think Ray is scary?" Isabella asks blinking in confusion while also intrigued at what your reason will be.

You gawk at them in disbelief before waving your hands up in the air "How can I not!?" You burst out which surprised Norman and Isabella while you ruffle your hair.

Your face scrunches up in grimace as your shoulders slump looking over at your brother and Isabella, who were looking at you curiously and confused. You grab some of your hair to cover half of your face and stated your answer aggravatedly.

"He only has one eye..."

There was a moment of silence except for the sound of the other kids laughing and shouting from a distance before Norman and Isabella broke out into laughter making you deflate as an angry pout settled in your face.

"Why are you guys laughing!! It's true!! You'd be scared of someone if they only have one eye!" You reasoned out as Isabella giggles at you, brushing your hair out of your face and patting your head.