⚜ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 28 ⚜

•✧•

Where there's a Whisk

There's a Way!

"Just jump!" Ray's voice calls out from below, holding out his hands but he only receives a shake of your head as you cling tighter on the tree glaring at him.

"No...Go away...I want Norman...!"

Ray couldn't help but wince at your words, his hand dropping down his sides. With a click of his tongue, he turns around storming off. "Fine! Wait for Norman then!"

Watching him storm away you huff as you shout at him in retaliation "Fine then!!!"

Moving out of the treeline of the forest and through the clearing, Ray was met with the sight of the house just up ahead with the others kids playing outside. The moment the others saw Ray, they were quick to back away from his path watching in confusion as he stomps directly at the house.

"What's up with him?" Don quietly asks Gilda who stood beside him as he motions at Ray who slams the door upon his entry.

Gilda wince at the sound as she shook her head "I don't know..."

Ray continued to tread around the house not even focusing on where he was going as his feet were in autopilot that lead him towards the empty library. Releasing a sigh Ray walks up to a shelf and gathers a stack of books to read to occupy his mind.

Sitting at his usual spot in the loft while leaning his back on the railing, Ray grabs a book on one of the stacks he pick out and started to read. 

He started to read it, he was supposed to read it, and yet, why the hell couldn't the words get through his head!? He continued to stare at the first page of the book like it was some kind of different language.

"No...Go away...I want Norman!!!"

Slamming the book shut, Ray threw it away in frustration as his hand came up to ruffle his unruly hair. "Always so stubborn...she's so...infuriating!!"

The loud boom of thunder coming from outside suddenly made him jump as he peer down to look out the window, everyone was already rushing inside as the sound of the hard rain came crashing out of nowhere.

Without thinking, Ray quickly slid down the ladder and made his way out of the library and towards the entryway where he was quick to spot Norman and Emma with the older kids passing towels to the others who had gotten wet.

"Norman!"

Your twin turn his head to Ray upon hearing his name, watching in confusion as Ray hurriedly came to him "What's the matter, Ray?"

"Where's [Y/n]?"

At the mention of your name, Norman turns to him confusion still etch in his face "What do you mean? Both of you were together earlier right?"

"Don't tell me she's still out there..." Ray mumble out loud his eyes widening, Norman who heard this quickly sets a hand on Ray's shoulder.

"Ray where is [Y/n]?" Norman asks worriedly as Ray meets his gaze.

"She's still out in the forest."

Norman's eyes widened at this, his gaze quickly darting towards the window where rain fell like a downpour. Norman quickly shove the towels that were in his hands to Ray as he was quick to bolt out of the house and through the rain.