⚜ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 20 ⚜

•✧•

There was a heavy silence between you and Sonju as the only sound that could be heard was the crackling of the bonfire and tiny sniffles that escape from you. Sonju didn't say a word or pry anything and waited for you to calm yourself down.

Staring at the burning flames with unblinking eyes, you were in disbelief while also feeling remorse. After all this time, Sonju was the only one who manages to see pass through you. But how? How did he possibly do that?

You glance at the corner of your eye to look over at Sonju who was seated beside you staring towards the bonfire. You bit the bottom of your lip as you averted your gaze towards the ground, you were contemplating whether you should just go and leave, or stay.

After much thought, you took a deep breath and let it out as you wipe away your tears. Sonju looks over to you only to meet those swollen piercing blue eyes staring right at him. A small yet sad smile settled on your face.

"I wanted him to look my way...that's why I act like this."  You face away from him as you let this out, pulling your knees to your chest and wrap your arms around them laying your head on top as you settled on staring at the fire,

"By doing this, I lost myself apparently. I got used to acting this way that I don't know how I should act myself so I...continued being this way. In the end, I also lost him and he's never going to come back. Now I don't even know what to do but just want my family to be safe without having to lose anyone or anything anymore." 

After letting this out, you didn't speak or added more words. Sonju processed everything you said and felt sympathy for the first time, who knew he could actually feel an emotion like this towards someone, especially towards a human.

Lifting his hand up, he gently settled it on top of your head taking you by surprise but then your eyes widened as your eyes watered.

"Worry not Egan, you won't lose anything or anyone anymore"

Sonju's words reminded you of...

 "Try not to worry, we'll flee, all of us"

A few tears slid down your face as your breath got shaky, turning to face Sonju "Sonju danger lurks everywhere for us out here. How can I even be sure I won't lose anyone?"

"Cause you'll be the one to protect them" Sonju said as he retracted his hand back and stood up walking towards his previous spot.

Confused by his words you look over at him as he had his back turn to you, how could you even protect them when you were in such a state? Your question was answered when Sonju turns around holding none other than a spear? no, a sword? You watch with widened eyes as he walks towards you and kneels down, handing it over to you.

"And I'll make sure to teach you how to protect them" Sonju stated as you look up at him before slowly taking the weapon in your hands.

You stared at the weapon Sonju gave you with mixed emotions, it was slightly heavy due to the metal, and sharp as the light from the fire glinted. You were unsure but...

"You're the best sister I could ever ask for [y/n]"

"You'll always be my twin sister"

Sonju stares at you silently watching the way you look down at the weapon and it was then he froze as you look up at him.

"I want to protect them... and I'll do it whatever it cost." You stated as you stared straight at Sonju gripping on the handle of the weapon tightly. A grin made its way up to his face as he took back the weapon making you blink in confusion.