Chapter 4: Albus Dumbledare?

– y/n's pov –

I don't know how much time has passed. When I woke up from my nap, I was staring up at a ceiling.

Wait, ceiling? I thought and then I found myself lying on a bed. Bed???!!! This place definitely was not my school. Though the medieval gothic architecture style looked somewhat similar, it wasn't my school.

...Where am I? I slowly crawled out of bed, frightened. I was still in my red cheerleading uniform. There were tall glass windows all around and I called out for help.

"Hello?" 

No response.

"Is anybody there?" 

No response.

But then suddenly, I was interrupted by something that flew over me real fast. I closed my eyes and covered myself in a defensive posture with my arms around my head. The wind it caused was massive. I had to try my best not to fall back. As the wind subsided and it got quiet again, I slowly opened my eyes again and I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Phoenix, it was a Phoenix. Right in front of my face was the magical creature, staring straight into my eyes. I gasped and stepped backwards, trying hard not to scream.

I saw it in the... Which book was it? Care of Magic Creatures it is! Will it bite me? Will it attack me? Will it kill me??? Despite my fears, the sight was truly mesmerising. Fierce black eyes with shining red and gold plumage.

As I observed the magical creature, it tilted its head as if hinting me to follow. I was uncertain if I should, so I just stood there, dumbfounded.

This is impossible. I must be dreaming again. I must have been so stressed out lately. I thought to myself.

"Everything's going to be fine y/n, stay strong" As I reassured myself, that legendary magical creature flew over my head and soon it was standing behind me. It then grabbed the back of my top with its giant feet and... flew through the building.

"This feels so real. Shit. Shit! I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die. I miss my mum. I miss my dad. I'm not ready to die, though. I just became the cheerleading captain. You don't know how hard I've tried – " As if the creature got annoyed by my helpless shouts, it gently put me back on the floor. I thought it would just drop me. That would have hurt. The thought of it made me flinch a little.

When I looked up back at the creature, its head was facing a closed gigantic medieval door beside us. Its head nodded towards the door as if telling me to open the door.

"No, no, no, no, no. I will not" I shook my head, slowly stepping backwards. Then abruptly, it spread out its beautiful and powerful wings and darted towards the closed door. I flinched and closed my eyes again, expecting to hear a loud noise as the creature threw itself against the door.

But there was no sound, except the sound of... people?! I heard gasps. I opened my eyes to see what situation I got myself into. The closed door was now wide opened and in front of me lied the most alluring and magnificent view...

There were flying candles, high ceiling with exquisite view of the night sky and stars, glamorous gold dishes plated with mouthwatering-looking food, and people. LOTS of people.

Most of them looked like they were about my age. They were dressed in robes like witches and wizards. It took me a while to realise a nerve-wrecking fact, a fact that those "LOTS of people" who looked "like witches and wizards" were all staring at me.

Uh-oh. This is bad. I thought to myself.

The magical creature was now at the very front podium of the Hall next to an old man that I surprisingly recognised.

I've seen him before. Seen him... in the History of Magic! What? Is that really Albus Dumbledare? I once opened a random page of that history book and saw a portrait of a person that resembled him but I knew nothing else about him because I didn't care to read the book.

"Ah! Here she is" And that man I inadequately recognised was gesturing for me to walk towards him. This really felt bad.