Chapter 33: Would you

– y/n's pov –

My days went by quickly. In the blink of an eye, it was already Christmas. I was too caught up with the busy schedule of the tournament and time mercilessly passed by. Hogwarts was now filled with beautiful ornaments that hung around every corner magically. I could never get tired of the splendid decoration. 

Giggles and excitement were to be spotted everywhere. It wasn't just another Christmas Day, but a day for our long awaited Yule ball. Seeing everyone so happy warmed my heart but... I felt so empty.

I had friends I could never be thankful enough for: Amber, Shane, Kyle, Cedric, now Harry, and Hermione but... not him. There's been no Draco in my life for a while. He avoided me and treated me as if I'm invisible just like how he did for a short time before. But this time, he's been doing that for a much longer time. Whenever I was reminded of the gap that formed between us, the memories we built together pierced my heart. 

I tried ignoring him in return but my attempts to draw myself further from him somehow got me more attached to him. My whole attention was fixed on him the entire time, wondering when he will talk to me again, wondering what's in his head, wondering if he really didn't... feel anything. To be honest, I liked him. Maybe I still do.

"Y/N, Hurry! Let's get dressed for the ball!" Amber excitedly jumped over to my bed.

"We have plenty of time left girl" I chuckled and took out a beige silk dress that I bought at the Diagon Alley with Amber before. But then I couldn't help screaming at what I saw.

"Aaaaah!" 

"What's wrong?" Amber darted towards me and gasped.

There were dark blood stains all over my dress and my hands dropped the dress on the floor.

"Who could have possibly done this?" My voice was trembling and I heard titters from the other side of the dorm room. Amber and I turned around and saw the two other roommates, Sylvie and Cecilia, laughing at the sight.

"Aww we're sorry you only have one dress. Don't you?" Sylvie spoke in a condescending manner.

"Did you guys do this?" I glared at them.

"No. There's plenty of other suspects around Hogwarts to consider, though" The girls then burst into laughter again and it infuriated me so much that I couldn't think of anything to do. I probably looked really dumb.

Sylvie was right though. There were so many people who would do this to me. From the tournament cheat scandal to... my now non-existent close friendship with Draco Malfoy. I didn't care that much before and I didn't know that they could be so cruel. 

"Shut up Sylvie before I seal that mouth of yours!" Amber then held out her wand at Sylvie and Sylvie left the room with Cecilia bitterly.

"I might just not go" I stared down at my dress.

"What?" Amber's voice raised.

"I don't even have a dress now. I'll just go tell Kyle about what happened" 

I wasn't in the mood for the ball anyways. I wanted to avoid certain... unwanted sights. But as soon as I walked out the door my foot caught something. It was a vintage black chest with a note stuck on top. On the note was my name, written in an elegant handwriting.

"What is it?" asked Amber.

"I... don't know?" I then grabbed the chest and carried it back into the room and dropped it on my bed.