Chapter 25: Old Friend

– y/n's pov –

So... yup. Draco just randomly did those things to me, quite frequently for the next month. Whenever he saw me with another boy he would pull me aside and ask the same things like "him or me" or "do you want me" If I say I do want him he would just end things immediately and walk away, leaving me speechless. I figured it would be much easier if I just think that his actions are out of pure temptation. I did play along because... it wasn't so bad. I began... enjoying it a bit. I must be crazy.

As my life was on the verge of becoming comfortable in this whole new universe, this one event dismantled the peacefulness...

"We are to have the honor of hosting a very exciting event over the coming months, an event which has not been held for over a century. It is my very great pleasure to inform you that the Triwizard Tournament will be taking place at Hogwarts this year!"

It was already October 30th, a day before Halloween. Tension had filled the Great Hall by Dumbledore's words.

"Well, what is the Triwizard Tournament?" I asked Amber who was attentively listening to Dumbledore.

"I can't believe it's happening at Hogwarts, Y/N!" Then she explained to me briefly about the tournament and how other school (wizarding school) students come to join us to participate in the tournament. Just as Amber finished her explanation, Dumbledore commented on the "other school students"

"The delegations from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang have already arrived and one student from each school will be competing for the Triwizard Cup, the glory of their school and a thousand galleon personal prize money."

"I don't know how much a thousand galleon is, but it surely sounds like a lot." I whispered to Amber and she chuckled and shushed me and nodded towards the Great Hall entrance.

"Certainly is. Wait, shh. Here they come."

"Now please, give a very warm welcome to - Beauxbatons Academy of Magic!"

Then a group of girls in fine blue silk uniform entered with... a HUGE woman. There were loud yells in the Hall; especially of boys.

"And now welcome, the Durmstrang Institute!"

This is when another group of foreign students entered the Great Hall, marching sharply, in a red soldier-like uniform with shaggy, matted fur.

"I don't believe it!" Amber said, in a stunned voice, as the Hogwarts students filed back up the steps behind the party from Durmstrang. 

"It's Krum, Y/N! Krum!" Amber shouted.

"Well, who the hell is Krum? Isn't he just a student?" I replied.

"'Just a student'? Y/N, he's one of the best Quidditch players, one of the best Seekers in the world! I had no idea he was still at school! He's so hot." Amber blurted in a thrilled voice and I looked at the boy Amber was referring to. Then, his eyes met mine. He furrowed his brows and eyes widened as if in shock when he noticed me. Probably another person who recognises the capital L "Lascelles" I scoffed inside. But it felt like there was something beyond just recognising me. He seemed... alarmed. 

"Tomorrow, on Halloween night, we will have the Champion Selections. An impartial judge will decide which students, are most worthy to compete in the Tournament" 

After Dumbledore finished his speech, the Durmstrang students were instructed to join one of the Houses and they joined Slytherin. Surprisingly, the "Krum" boy came over to me and sat beside me.

"We need to talk." This was the first thing Krum said to me. Amber sat still, looking at us while stunned.

"Uh... Hi..? Do I know you? I mean, do you know me?" 

"Do you not remember me..?" Krum observed my eyes, bewildered, and continued.

"I know exactly who you are, Y/N. Come on." 

I felt a sense of vigilance in his voice. He then grabbed my wrist and hurriedly walked towards the entrance. As I was basically being dragged out, my eyes caught Draco, glaring at us. Krum led me out of the Great Hall to an empty corridor, and finally let go of my wrist.

"Excuse me, what exactly do we need to talk ab-"

"Y/N, why are you here?" He asked fiercely, but his voice carried a worried tone.

"Sorry, what..? Well, first of all, how do you know me? As in like know know me personally"

Krum let out a deep sigh and spoke to me gently.

"After what happened... to your parents, my family has been looking after you secretly and we've met several times before, Y/N."

What? 

"Wait, hold on. No. I've been living with my uh... other parents since I was basically an infant. I have never heard of nor have I ever seen you and your family" I corrected him.

 "Well, it seems like my parents obliviated you few years ago when you started attending that muggle boarding school so that you completely forget about this world."

"They obliviated me? Wait, how about my uh human parents then? They knew about your family and... magic?"

"No, I said we've been looking after you secretly. My parents used to be your parents' close friends. They were all Slytherins at Hogwarts... Y/N, you don't know what you're putting yourself into by being here." 

My parents were really clever I guess, asking all these people - including the shopkeeper of the broom store in Diagon Alley - to help me in advance before they... left the world. So... this must mean that they knew what was coming for them...

"It's alright. I already talked with Professor Dumbledore and he said I'll be safer here."

"No no no no no. There's something Professor Dumbledore does not know." Krum was still giving me the worried look. I sighed.

"What else is there that I don't know about myself that everybody knows then?" I asked bitterly. The frustration was not directed at Krum, though. It was directed at the idea.

"No, Y/N. Nobody else knows. Nobody should," Krum looked around warily. The corridor was still empty.

"You should leave right now, Y/N. Leave this place as soon as you can. I'll owl my parents so they can -"

"look after me?" I cut him off.

"No, Krum. That's your name, right? Anyways, Krum, I'm not leaving Hogwarts and I can take care of myself," I spoke sharply.

"How am I supposed to trust someone that I just met?" Then I turned around.

"It was very nice talking to you, Krum" I walked back to the Great Hall, leaving Krum behind. I was so perplexed and the fears that I had forgotten about were creeping up on me again.

(Hello readers! There isn't much Draco content today but I assure you that you will love tomorrow's story❤️ Please vote!)