Chapter 47: See you soon

– y/n's pov –

"Draco..! Draco!" As soon as I left Mr. Malfoy's office, I climbed up the stairs hurriedly and knocked on Draco's door. Then his head popped out, looking around cautiously, and pulled me into his room. 

"Y/N, what's wrong? You okay?" Draco asked worriedly.

"Draco, I found out about his plans." I tried speaking in a contained manner. I told him about my conversation with his father from earlier on; the fact that we have two months until he takes over Hogwarts, the fact that I will be having the Merging ceremony in front of the entire school, and the fact that... Draco will be playing an important role in completing this plan; killing Professor Dumbledore.

"No, that is not happening." Draco wandered around the room nervously.

"Y/N, will you be going back to Hogwarts..?" He then stopped and turned to face me. But suddenly, before I could answer, we heard a knock on the door. 

"Draco?" It was Mrs. Malfoy.

"Shit, hide behind the curtains. Quick!" Draco whispered at me and I did as he said. Then I heard the door open.

"Have you seen Miss Lascelles?" Mrs. Malfoy's voice was heard and my heart began racing at her question.

"...Why?" Draco asked and she replied.

"We are all going to Nott's house tonight," 

Nott..? Kyle Nott! Will he be there? And her next sentence made me gasp.

"Nott has important announcements to make on behalf of the Dark Lord, I believe. Anyways, if you see her, let her know that I want to have a little chat about this." Then I could hear Mrs. Malfoy's footsteps walking out of the room. When the door closed behind her, silence fell. 

I slowly walked out from behind the curtains. I looked at Draco and he was standing still, facing the door. Then he slowly turned to face me. Our eyes met but we both didn't say anything. We just silently stared at each other.

Nott's manor was as dark and grand as Malfoy's. Draco escorted me through the similarly eerie gate, with my arm wrapped around his lightly. Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy were walking behind us and my body was stiffened. I held onto him tighter, though unnoticeably. As I did, Draco looked down and me and I could feel his stare. His other hand then silently raised and secretly touched my arm to reassure me. 

When we finally arrived at the doorsteps, the door opened and I promptly recognised who was greeting us.

Kyle was standing in front of us. I was surprised to see him, though I was expecting to, and he also definitely seemed startled; he gasped when he saw me. I had not heard from him for a very long time and it was actually really good to see him again. 

Maybe he didn't know that I was coming..? We then silently nodded to each other.

"...Come in." Kyle's shocked voice was still gentle and warm.

Kyle led us into a big luxurious dining hall with an extremely long table filled with food plates. There, someone who l'd seen before in the graveyard greeted us. 

"My lady, it's an honour. Please, make yourself comfortable." Mr. Nott, the man who was there amongst the death eaters, then led us to our seats.

"Miss. Lascelles, we are to serve you from now on, as the Dark Lord told us to. You will be staying here with us and... with Kyle, especially." Mr. Nott grinned from across the table.

What? As soon as the words left his mouth, both Kyle and I turned our heads and looked at him.

"...What do you mean, father?" asked Kyle warily. 

"Special command from our Lord, you don't know how grateful I feel... You've been chosen, my son... I will talk to you more about it later..." Mr. Nott responded and I was perplexed. My eyes shifted to the Malfoys. Mr. Malfoy seemed a bit bitter and Draco seemed... anxious. 

What's happening?

"Anyways, Lucius, my friend, your son is also to receive his very own task tonight so I invite all of us to have a celebratory evening." Mr. Nott continued speaking with a patronising attitude and it was pretty obvious that Mr. Malfoy did not enjoy what he just heard but he smiled with an effort.

"Yes, indeed. Task that is important than all..." Mr. Malfoy then looked at Draco.

During the dinner feast, the room was filled with fake laughter and uncomfortable air. I couldn't swallow any food and I just wanted to talk to Kyle. I stared at Kyle and when he noticed my stare, he stared back at me.

"Excuse me, I need to use the bathroom." I spoke with my eyes still fixed on him and Kyle spoke as if he caught my signal. Mr. Nott and Draco's parents were busy discussing who is more loyal.

"I'll take you." We then rose from our seats and headed towards the hall's exit. As I walked out of the room, I looked back at Draco and gave him a nod, smiling to reassure him. Draco nodded back.

When we got far enough from the hall and the noises died out, Kyle looked around and grabbed my wrist to hastily run upstairs to a room. He locked the door behind and closed the curtains. 

"Where have you been? Were you with the Malfoys the entire time?" Kyle came back to me and began investigating me. He lifted up my arms, then turned me around as if looking for any hints of injuries.

"I've been with them and nothing really happened. Don't worry, Kyle." I reassured him.

"I've been worried sick since you just disappeared like that." He sighed.

"Did your dad not tell you about me..?"I asked.

"My father only told me that there will be Merging happening soon and I didn't know it'd be you... This is just so messed up..." Kyle groaned and I explained to him about how I spent my last three months and how I'm still hiding the fact that the spell wore off to be safe. He listened to me closely.

"It's really good to see you again though, Y/N." He then gazed at me with a slightly more relaxed face than minutes ago.

"It's really good to see you again too, Kyle... But I don't get it. What did your father mean when he said 'you've been chosen'? What's going on?" I faintly smiled and asked.

"...Do you not get it?" Kyle looked at me warily.

"Get what..?" I was confused but

"...Did you hear about how your parents met, Y/N?"

 I could completely understand the implication behind his question.

"We still have a lot of time but eventually..."

...no.

"We are to... marry, Y/N" Kyle spoke and I was stunned.

"This is nonsense. He wants my power and now he also wants to spread that power. It's disgusting." I blurted out bitterly.

"I can't go back to Hogwarts so I'll be stuck here with you, Y/N. In the mean time, we must find a way to stop him. I don't want to be a death eater..." Kyle muttered.

The dinner was over and Malfoys were leaving the manor. I wanted to talk to Draco for the last time before he left but we didn't have time. But Draco secretly handed me a note when we were all at the doorsteps, saying goodbye to each other. He then smiled sadly, reluctant to take his eyes off of me... Soon, he disappeared through the dark gate.

I dragged myself back into the massive house, and followed Kyle up to my room. When I was left alone in my new room, I opened the note from Draco and it read...

"Take care, I'll see you soon."

At that time, we both believed we could see each other again soon.