Chapter 16: Two 'Me'

– Draco's pov –

Just like that, Y/N left the class. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw her hurting herself. This time, I admit I acted a bit harsher and I felt an immense guilt. I felt sorry. I was very new to this feeling, but I knew just what I had to do. I needed to talk to her. Tell her I'm sorry.

"I'll go check on her." I ran out of the classroom.

It felt as if there were two different 'me', fighting inside. My mind was yelling at me that I should not be running around, looking for her, but my feet didn't stop.

I went to the Hospital wing, but she wasn't there. Great Hall, no. Common room, dorm, literally I looked everywhere, but couldn't find her. I had to go back to Potions to grab our bags and dragged myself to Charms.

"Draco... Draco Malfoy!" Professor Flitwick scolded me because I couldn't focus. My head was filled with the thought of finding Y/N.

"Y/N Lascelles," When Professor Flitwick called her name and...

"She's had a small accident during Potions so she's in the Hospital Wing" when Hermione replied for her, I got so mad. So mad at her and myself. I looked down at two school bags beside my chair. 

Where could she possibly be? I shouldn't have done that. I wasn't too good at controlling my temper. I was a coward, denying changes, changes around and changes inside me.

The longest class ever finally ended, and I sprang up from my chair and darted out of the classroom. Now, only one place came into my mind. The Quidditch field.

My hair and uniform was all a mess when I reached the field. I stopped running and bent down, resting my hands on my knees, to catch my breath. I'd never run this much in a day. I took deep breaths and when I looked up... She was there on one of the stands and I smiled in relief, but soon I realised she wasn't alone. She was with Kyle.

I hid myself behind one of the stands, but I was still able to have a good view of the two.

Kyle was performing a healing spell on Y/N. Apparently, flirting with Kyle seemed to be more important to her than receiving proper medication at the Hospital Wing. I felt my anger rising uncontrollably inside. I was so embarrassed. While I was running around, worrying about her, she was enjoying her romantic time with my friend.

I continued watching them. Y/N stood up and hugged Kyle. The sight was exasperating. I thought it couldn't get worse until they pulled each other away from the hug and Kyle put his hand on her neck. They were about to kiss. I couldn't watch. I turned around and left the field, immediately. Even Potter has never irritated me this intensely.

My anger was not out of jealously. It was out of embarrassment, the fact that I let my guards down for someone like her.

– y/n's pov –

Kyle and I entered the Great Hall together. I scanned the crowd, but Draco was out of sight. I shook off the thought of him and followed Kyle to meet Alexa. Alexa was a very bright and lovely girl with a beautiful blonde hair, though not as magical as Draco's.

Wait. What did I just think? I thought to myself, disgusted.

As Kyle introduced me to her, she threw herself at me and hugged me tightly. Out of excitement, she gave me light kisses on my cheek as well. Though it was quite unexpected, and I stood there dumbfounded, she gave off positive energies that I'd been craving. I smiled.

"Merlin's beard! Thank god, you came! I am so happy. Ahhhh! You don't know how I've been recently. This girl just left without saying anything. I was near breaking down..." Alexa began ranting about what happened. She was quite a talker, but really sweet and nice, just like Amber. I thought maybe with the help of these friends, I can survive. I smiled.

"Alright Alexa, so that's a roundabout way to say that you owe me, right?" Kyle interrupted Alexa and Alexa chuckled.

"Shit. Talked too much again. Anyways! We normally train twice a week and three before the game weekend but since we are in a sort of crisis, we are going to meet every day. Today's Tuesday so it's only 4 days. Just remember, 4 p.m., Quidditch pitch! I'll see you then, love" She winked at me and went to join her friends for lunch.

"She's really lovely." I really meant it. I just wished that somebody else would be this nice to me as well. Anyways, I was thrilled to continue cheerleading and my worst day turned to a better one.

Kyle and I then joined Amber and Shane who were already eating their food.

"Y/N! I was worried sick after hearing about what happened in Potions. You feeling better?" Hearing Amber's voice was really comforting.

"Your eyes... Aw, Y/N, you don't have to tell me what happened but just know that I'll always try my best to be there for you when you need me." She observed me closely and realised I cried but she didn't comment further about it. I wondered how a person could be this nice. I replied her with a tight hug and nodded my head at Shane to say hi with a soft smile, and he did the same in return.

Draco didn't show up at the Hall and I didn't see him until the start of my third class, Transfiguration.