Chapter 11: The Suitcase

– y/n's pov –

When I opened my eyes, I was in the same exact place as when I woke up from my nap yesterday, just a bit darker. Still laying down, my eyes caught sight of a huge pendulum clock. It was about 4 a.m. I definitely have not been dreaming. I sat up on the bed and saw my suitcase and... Draco.

He was sleeping on his arm, sitting on a chair beside me. I felt sorry for him and a sense of embarrassment rushed in as I remembered falling asleep while he probably struggled carrying me all the way to – this place is probably the nurse. I guess Draco isn't too much of a bad person inside. Actually, I thought he would make a really good friend.

I quietly stretched out my hand to touch my ankle to check how swollen it was, but I couldn't feel any pain. My ankle was perfectly normal now. I was relieved. As a cheerleader, there was nothing worse than hurting my ankle. 

Oh well, there's no more cheering for me anyways. I couldn't imagine a bunch of witches and wizards playing football. They probably don't play sports. I thought and sighed.

I stared blankly at Draco, trying to decide what to do. I didn't want to wake him up. He seemed to be deeply asleep. I quietly got out of the bed and sat on the floor in front of the suitcase. I flinched a bit as my legs touched the cold floor. I unlocked the buckles of the suitcase and looked through what was inside.

I first saw the neatly folded school uniform – white blouse, the same green robe and tie as Draco's, and grey skirt and cardigan all with a green House logo with a snake – and I liked it. It seemed pretty elegant.

Then I saw a bunch of books that were concealed behind the uniform. This is why the suitcase was so heavy! I was surprised to see my notebooks with all my notes perfectly preserved as well. As I further searched through, my hands found a rectangular shaped wooden box with a gold logo on top that read: Ollivander's, Makers of Fine Wands...

"Wands???" I placed my hand on my mouth, trying to not let my excitement wake Draco up. My heart began skipping a beat and I carefully opened the box.

"Oh... my god." I whispered silently. It was a wand, placed in the center of a black protective cushion.

This is my wand now. My heart was racing now. It was such a beautiful wand.

My eyes then saw something engraved on the inside of the box

Arya Lascelles... I let out a small gasp.

Must be my mother. I outlined the engraved name with my fingertip and my heart fluttered. Then I looked back down at the wand.

When I took it out, I felt a tickling sensation that spread from the tips of my hands throughout my entire body. Suddenly, a blinding light beamed out from the wand and I quickly looked away with my eyes closed.