Chapter 34: Mad in Rain

– y/n's pov –

I looked up at the sky, hardly opening my eyes. I stood still, feeling the cold rain drops embrace my face and travel down my body. My nicely curled hair and dress were soon drenched. I then trudged towards the Viaduct bridge across the courtyard. 

Then suddenly, I saw someone standing on the bridge in far distance. Pouring rain and the tipsiness made it difficult to get a clear view of the person. Who is that? The person seemed to be walking towards the courtyard, towards me.

As the person got closer, I noticed it was a man. A really strange man. He stopped and stood still like me with nothing to cover himself from the savage weather. I was drunk and I felt bad for him.

"Hi! Nice to meet you. I'm Y/N Lascelles!" So I tried speaking to him.

"I guess you are also going through some... Shit!" I continued shouting at him, waiting for a response. But the man didn't move nor did he say anything.

"You can talk to me, you know. We could be friends!" I then tripped over my own dress and fell on the floor. It was a long one indeed. When I looked back up to see the man, he was gone.

"Hello?" My bottled up emotions began heating up my body and it felt as if there was a magma inside. I burst into tears. Thanks to the rain, though, as it hid my tears. Then I heard loud stomping sounds from behind, which stopped right beside me.

"What the hell are you doing out here?" 

A very familiar fierce voice penetrated my ears and I looked up. It was Draco. Instantly, nothing seemed to matter. He came to me. Just the fact was enough to calm down the uncontrollable fire inside my mind.

"What... What are you doing out here?" I sniffled and asked back. Draco was now drenched in rain as well. I got worried.

"You're gonna catch cold" I tried getting back on my feet to turn him back inside but then I realised my ankle was hurt. I wasn't aware of the pain before.

"Ah -" I groaned and almost fell back down on the cold ground but Draco caught me by my arms. 

"Can you..." He sighed and yelled at me. 

"Can you for once! Worry about yourself?" His veins were bulging out of his throat. I stared into his angry, yet sad eyes. His almost bloodshot eyes stared into mine. We were gazing at each other just like that for a while in the pouring rain. Then he suddenly grabbed my face and kissed me fiercely and... possessively. I pushed him away immediately and slapped him.

"And you! You! Stop doing that to me if you are not brave enough to take the responsibility!" 

"Responsibility?" Draco's voice was now much calmer but he looked anxious.

"Yes responsibility! You got me falling for you and now -"Shit what did I just say? It felt as though alcohol was wearing off as I spat out those words. I looked away with embarrassment. I wasn't ready to see his reaction.

"What?" 

Shit here it comes. He came closer to me. I was expecting him to say mean stuff and walk away but he didn't. 

"Y/N, look at me" Draco spoke softly, quite surprisingly. I turned to face him again.

"Do you mean that?" He sounded cautious. I was so embarrassed and I shifted my eyes downwards to look at the wet floor. But then Draco gently lifted up my chin with his hand.

"Y/N, do you mean that?" He asked again and I... nodded shyly. 

"If you are not going to say anything else then allow me to stop embarrassing myself" I then quickly turned to walk away. But when I took a couple of steps, Draco hugged me from behind and whispered in my ear.

"Well, allow me the time to speak, Y/N. I just can't..." He sighed. 

"keep you close because I have this feeling that I'll hurt you..." I tried to turn and face him but he held me tighter.

"Please, I- I am not brave enough as you said. I have never been brave enough with anyone in terms of... opening up. Not my family, not Kyle, Shane, nobody. I've been pretty much alone my entire life. But all of a sudden, you appeared out of nowhere and began... began messing things up, messing me up. Every once in a while, I would then find myself unstable, having let somebody step into my life. It felt... dangerous and what happened during the second task in the lake gave me the perfect excuse to stop all... to stop us. So I kept telling myself that I'm comfortable this way without you but... I just can't seem to keep my mind off of you" Draco's regretful voice travelled through the thick rain and every word struck me hard.

"It's not that hard, Draco... In fact, you just did it. You talked about... you" I spoke as I touched his arms that were locked around me. 

"But Y/N... I really can't promise you that you will be safe around me. My parents... they are death eaters and I am soon to be the Dark Lord's mere property..." He sounded heart-broken.

"But Draco, I know that your soul will never be his 'mere property'. As long as you promise me that you will remain as... you in your heart, nothing matters" And it broke my heart. 

"...Can I be by your side again then?" He asked hesitantly and I nodded. As I did, Draco caressed my neck with his hand and... with his lips. I gasped by the sudden tingling sensation that I've been missing badly. 

He kissed my neck gently and I let out slight moans. His right hand then traced down my body and... reached down there. I laid my head helplessly against his shoulder as he touched me. His left hand was now touching my chest and I was completely locked in his control. The feeling was inexpressible. I moaned by the pleasure he brought me and I was giving myself to him again like that in the rain.