Half pipe time

ELLIES POV

Once me and Mark got to the x games we went our separate ways. I had half pipe and Mark said he would come and watch me compete as he didn't have big air until 1:00 and my half pipe finished at 12:05 so we would have time to get to his big air and for him to warm up before.

I was warming up and I heard the commentators talking about me

"Ellie Harrows, this girl is a machine on the snow looking this time to get a five-peat in the half pipe. No one really knows why she got into snowboarding but it is known that her family have never been to see her compete. Still we expect big things from this girl. "

I knew my parents wouldn't be here but the commentators saying it made it that much more real and I felt tears welling up in my eyes 'NO ELLIE' I thought ' you're stronger than this show them what you're made of' I saw Mark at the bottom and waved , he waved back and I smiled. I was third to go so I was currently getting my bindings on as I was the next to drop In.

My first run didn't go so well as I crashed out in my second jump landing on the lip of the half pipe and splitting my lip. As I got down to the bottom Mark ran over to me and asked if I was ok whilst wiping the blood off my lip

My second run didn't go so great either I landed every trick but my last, the double rodeo that was my hardest trick and I lost focus in the middle of it. My rotation was wrong and I landed on my bum, but I was ok. My third run needed to be killer if I had any shot.

Don't wanna brag about it but I did just win the first ever 5-peat gold for women's halfpipe. I nailed my last run and absolutely put everything I had into it. Once I got my medal there were reporters everywhere but I ran through them all to get to Mark. I hugged him tightly and he hugged me back.

"I am so proud of you " he whispered in my ear

" and I'll be proud of you when you win gold as well " I said back

A reporter wanted a word so I said ok

" so Ellie first female five-peat how do you feel?"

"I feel over the moon at the moment, my first two runs weren't the best but I really came back in my third. To be honest I didn't even think I would be getting on the podium for a minute whilst I was competing!" I said earning a laugh from the crowd

"So Mark McMorris was seen comforting you after your first run and you ran straight to Him after your win, is there. Snowboard romance going on here? "

Oh god was I allowed to say? I looked around nervously and saw Mark nodding and Adam DEfINATLY not nodding 'fuck it' I thought

" yeah me and mark have been dating for the past few weeks" I said and the crowd erupted in awes

Mark looked proud of me and Adam well I actually think he might have just burst a blood vessel. Oh nope I stand corrected the shade of red he's gone I think he may be chocking.

"Thanks for your time Ellie" the reporter said

"Any time" I replied

I walk over to Mark with everybody watching to see what we do, I just grabbed his gloves up hand In mine and we made our way over to big air for Marks event smiling like idiots.