Why....

Marks POV
I waited until we arrived back at the hotel to question Ellie about the scars. We lay on the bed snuggling and watching 'How to train your dragon' because it's her favourite movie ever ( having never seen it before it is pretty good so far)
"Ellie" I said and she turned and looked at me smiling. "Yes marky" she said. "Where are your parents?" I said "they never come to watch you compete and your the best in the world. And don't try to avoids the question. You can trust me." I said sternly but not horribly.
"Mark they just don't want to travel" she said
"Bullshit" I said
"Excuse me?" Ellie questioned
"I said bullshit because there is clearly a reason for them not coming. So out of the many reasons there could be why don't your parents come?" I said raising my voice a little
"Death" she whispered

Ellies POV
"Death" I whispered and marks face instantly softened. "Ellie I'm so sor-" Mark started but I cut him off. " Let me finish. My mom and I were really close and then one day she died and I didn't know what to do with myself. So after a few difficult months. I started snowboarding. I got pretty good at it and started getting sponsors and travelling the world. My dad never came because he doesn't care. I haven't spoken to him in months" I finished with tears streaming down my face. "Ellie I hate to push but-" I cut him off again " oh my god, you've seen my scars haven't you." He nodded " they-" "were from your dad" Mark finished for me. Holding me into his chest. He lifted the back of my shirt and I pulled away but Mark pulled me back and kissed my cheek from. He traced all of my scars and kissed them lightly. I ran off his lap leaving him bewildered.

Marks POV
She ran off my lap and I was left completely bewildered. Had I done something wrong? Before I knew it she was back holding her snowboard.
"Baby what's this for? " I asked slowly
"To prove a point" she said
She pulled back the Oakley sticker and behind it was a bright yellow sticker that said. 'I ride for mom.... Forever and always 💜'. I stared at it for a while.
"Why is it covered?" I asked.
"Sponsors wouldn't let me have any other stickers on show but I always have it on there.... It's my lucky charm i guess. So my nickname really comes from the sticker. I honestly believe mom helped me when I broke those bones. She helped me to pick up snowboarding so fast and I believe she led me to you " she said smiling at me.

" Well I'm glad she did " I said

"I also kinda cut for a while but I haven't since I was 13. I errrm just wanted to get it off my chest I guess" she said pulling up her sleeves. "I didn't want to tell my managers because I feel as though they would turn it into a publicity stunt. " She confessed leaning back onto the bed.
I heard her murmur "missed half my motherfuckin movie now Jesus..." I chuckled and watched the rest of the movie with her.

A/n the picture is how I imagine them say when Ellie was telling Mark everything