Chapter 2

When Dean woke up again, it was 8am. He would’ve slept longer but decided to get a shower and dress before Cas woke up. That way, he had a moment of privacy instead of trying to shave himself and answering Cas’ endless questions about every aspect of humanity at the same time.

He looked over at Cas, who was still asleep. Not that big of a surprise with the amount of sleep he has had.

Once Dean was done, he threw on a pair of jeans and a simple plain black shirt, and tried to wake up Cas.

First, he checked under Cas’ pillow, but no weapons were hidden. Then, he thought of how he had always woken up Sam. He turned on the small radio in the room.

“It was the heat of the moment

Telling me what your heart meant

Heat of the moment

Shone in your eyes”

Dean groaned. He hated this song. Sam had told him about the endless Tuesdays he had to survive, and every time this song came on, Sam flinched. When Dean changed the channel, AC/DC was playing, and he smiled. Much better.

When Cas didn’t wake up with the music, Dean decided to do it the other way. He grabbed Cas shoulders and shook till Cas woke up. But it didn’t have that much effect when Cas just rolled over and went back to sleep.

“No late night parties for you,” Dean mumbled.

He thought of the last way to wake up Cas, which he probably wasn’t gonna like. “You’ve had your chances of getting woken up the nice way,” he said matter-of-factly as he walked to the bathroom to get a glass of water.

Slowly, he poured the water on Cas’ face. It worked, and Cas’ eyes snapped open. He looked so shocked, Dean couldn’t help but laugh.

“What was that?” Cas asked, still looking shocked.

“You wouldn’t wake up when I tried to be nice, so I figured out water was the only thing that was left,” Dean said, still laughing. “C’mon, get a shower, it will help and the water is warm instead of cold.”

After 10 minutes he heard Cas calling his name. He knocked on the bathroom door to let Cas know he was there.

“What’s it, Cas?”

“Dean, do you remember last night?”

Dean thought about it for a second. “Yeah, I do. Why?”

“Well, you said you’d help me with this human stuff, right?”

Dean remembered his promise. “Sure, can I come in?”

The door opened and Cas was in his pajama pants again, with no shirt. His hair was even worse than the usual messy bed-hair. Now, it was still a bit wet and damp from the shower. Dean wondered why he noticed such small details.

“Okay, well, first you need to get pants and a shirt.”

The pants weren’t a problem; Cas had his jeans from the day before. But it was the button-up shirt Cas was struggling with. After a few tries, he just gave up and looked at Dean with his pleading eyes.

Dean couldn’t resist the puppy eyes and started buttoning Cas’ shirt. Sometimes he would accidentally touch Cas’ skin, and Cas shivered a little.

“Sorry, Cas, my fingers are a bit cold compared to your just-showered body,” he apologized.

“It’s okay, Dean. I am grateful you are doing this for me.” Cas answered before looking at the toothpaste. “I still don’t know how to brush my teeth.”

Dean laughed a little, and told Cas he had to put the paste on the toothbrush. Cas did as he said, and waited.

“Now you just start bru-“ Dean stopped when he realized Cas had no idea how. “Okay, I’ll show it to you.” He took the brush in his own hand, and Cas’ chin in his other. He started to brush Cas’ teeth, telling exactly what he did while Cas looked in the mirror.

It was weird, for both of them, but they didn’t care. Cas was happy he finally knew how to brush his teeth and Dean was just glad Sam wasn’t here.

When he was done, Cas spit out the toothpaste and cleaned his mouth like he had seen Dean doing it the night before. When he looked back at Dean, he got a approving nod.

Both of them looked in the mirror at Cas.

“you want your tie today?” Dean asked after a moment of silence, and Cas nodded. Dean tied it around Cas’ neck while Cas just looked like he tried to understand something.

“Dean,” he said. “What are feelings?”

Dean stopped, and looked at Cas. “That’s really hard to explain,” he replied. “But I’ll try. Sometimes you feel something in your body, and it can be nice or not, and on different places. You probably know most of them from me, but now you can feel them too.”

He was done with Cas’ tie and looked across the room. “Where’s your jacket?” he asked.

Cas looked up, suddenly snapped out of his thoughts. “i… I don’t know, I don’t think I brought one,” he said.

“Well, you can’t wear a button-up with a tie but no jacket, so we’re gonna get that tie off and buy you a jacket today.”

Cas nodded and let Dean put off the tie, deep in his thoughts again. “Dean what is the feeling in my stomach?” he suddenly asked.

“Well that probably will be hunger, and now you say it, I’m pretty hungry too, so let’s go,” Dean replied, walking to the door.

“No it’s not hunger, it’s something else.”

“I don’t know, Cas, are you feeling sick? I told you you needed to sleep more.” Dean was a bit concerned, he couldn’t have Cas all throwing up in the impala.

“No I feel fine, more than fine actually. I just have the… urge to do something.”

“Cas what are you talking about? What urge?”

Cas stepped closer. “I just, your eyes tell me something, but I don’t know if that is okay.”

Dean sighed. “Do what?” how could Cas read his eyes anyways? He wasn’t an angel any more, was this some fallen-angel ability? Back when he was an angel, Cas needed to touch Dean first before he could get any of Dean’s memories. What was he talking about?

Dean’s thoughts were interrupted by Cas who just whispered “this” and gently pressed his lips on Dean’s.

Dean, who was still handing the door knob, let it go, and just stood there for a second. He was completely in shock, and only snapped back to reality when Cas pulled back.

“I.. I’m sorry, I just…” he stumbled.

Dean put one hand in Cas’ messy hair,. A glorious feeling, and with the other he gently touched Cas’ cheek.

“Well, Cas,” he said with a grin. “that’s the feeling of liking someone.” And with that, he pulled Cas closer to kiss him.

He felt Cas’ hands sneaking around his waist and smiled in the kiss.

And I like it, he thought before losing himself in the kiss.

A/N Thanks for reading! Feedback is always appreciated :)