Chapter 3

“Looking good, Cas,” Sam said. The three of them sat in a small restaurant for breakfast. They were done with the case but they were too tired to drive to the bunker the night before.

“Thank you, Sam. Dean helped me,” Cas said, looking and Dean. “He also said I need a jacket.”

Sam looked a bit confused. “A jacket? Why that so?”

“I wanted to wear a tie, but Dean said I can’t wear a tie without a jacket,” Cas explained.

“And besides, if he goes with us, he needs to have a suit so…” Dean added.

“I assume you’re coming to the bunker with us then?” Sam asked, and Cas nodded.

“Only if that’s okay with you, I don’t want to cause any trouble.”

“Of course you can come, we have enough rooms. Do we need to pick up anything?”

Cas’ face dropped immediately. “No, I… I didn’t really have a home, so I don’t own anything besides the stuff I brought with me.”

“Well, looks like we got something to do today!” Dean said. “Shopping for Cas,” he added when both Sam and Cas looked confused. “He needs more clothes, and some other stuff. C’mon, finish your meal and we can go.”

Not long after they walked through the shopping mall. Cas had explained he lived at the store where he worked. “I just slept in a sleeping bag on the floor, it was more comfortable than outside,” he explained, looking a bit sad.

“But now you are gonna get your own room in the bunker,” Dean said, trying to lighten the mood. It worked, and they went on looking for clothes.

“How do humans find the clothes they want when there are so many stores?”  Cas asked to no one in particular as he looked around.

“Well, honestly,” Dean laughed. “I have no freaking idea. Me and Sam usually just go to whatever store there is on town and buy some clothes. This is sometimes a bit hard for Sammy here because not all shops sell moose sizes.”

They all laughed.

“So, what now?” Sam asked. “Just go the first one we see?”

Dean agreed and they just started in the store right before them.

The 1st store they went to didn’t have anything they wanted. Neither did the 2nd, nor the 3rd, 4th and 5th.

“Five stores,” Dean sighed. “Five stores and we didn’t find anything? What kind of torture is this? I can’t feel my legs anymore!”

Sam sighed along. “Be happy you don’t feel anything. I rather feel nothing than the pain I’m feeling now.”

Cas just looked miserable. “I’m sorry,” he said.

“Whoa whoa whoa wait a second here; this is not your fault, Cas. You can’t help it. C’mon I see another store, maybe that one has got what we need.” Dean said.

They went inside and finally found what they were looking for. Jeans, shirts and even a few suits. Perfect. Sam and Dean walked around, picking clothes while Cas just stood there, looking around. He had never needed to go to a store to get clothes. He missed his angel “mojo”, as Dean would always say.

“Hey Cas, come here! We need to see if these clothes fit you!” he heard shouting from the other side of the store. Once he got there, Sam and Dean were waiting for him. They handed him some clothes and told him to put them on.

He went into the changing room, and slowly pulled off his trench coat. He hoped Sam and Dean would let him keep it.

Once he got out, he looked like a new Cas, new shirt, fresh looking jeans. It looked great on him.

“Okay, put your old clothes back on, now we have your size,” Sam said and soon they were walking all around the store, getting a lot of things that Cas would need.

They got him some pairs of jeans, some shirts, some button-ups, and even some sweaters. At last, they got him a beautiful suit, and 2 new ties. When they walked back to the Impala, Cas looked happy as ever. “Thanks so much, guys,” he said.

“Hey, it’s no problem at all,” Dean replied. “You needed them.”

They put the bags in the trunk and got in dean put on some music, and sung along to Metallica. Sam rolled his eyes, only to cause Dean turning the volume even more up.

“Dean, can you put the volume down?” he asked.

“Can’t hear you, music is too loud!” Dean smirked but turned the volume down anyways.

No one said anything, and for a while, the only sounds were Metallica and the roaring engine. Sam looked at the backseat, where he saw Cas sleeping against the window.

“Dean,” he said, still looking at Cas.

“Aww, ain’t he a little angel,” Dean joked.

Sam just glared at him. “shouldn’t you turn down the music?”

“Nah, he fell asleep with this, he can sleep through it.” Dean stated.

“How the hell did he even fall asleep to this?” Sam wondered, and Dean started laughing.

“Well, it doesn’t surprise me since he woke me up at 5.30 in the morning, told me he went to sleep at 4, and slept for a total of 2.5 hours. He really does need to learn a few things about humans, doesn’t he?” they both chuckled.

“Well, at least he doesn’t ask a thousand questions now,” Sam said.

Dean thought about Cas’ questions this morning, and drifted away for a moment. He had told Cas not to say anything about the kiss to Sam. Not yet.

“…and I really hope that’s okay with you,”

“I’m sorry, what?” Dean said.

“I said…” Sam started again, giving one of his best bitchfaces. “That I’m sorry for leaving Cas to you, but I am really really tired, and you’re the good one with kids so I hope you don’t mind, uh… raising Cas. Or however you wanna call it.”

Dean looked at him. “What do you mean I’m good with kids?”

Sam sighed, rolling his eyes. “Of course you’d pick out that part of what I said. I mean, kids seem to like you, and you always seem to convince them to do the right thing,” he explained.

“Yeah, because when I was that age, I couldn’t!” Dean said, somewhat louder than he had wanted. But now that Sam had told him that, his anger came back again.

“I didn’t have any choice, and I don’t want all those kids to lead the life we had. I don’t want them to be cursed. I want them to go play outside without being afraid of the real monsters! I make them choose the right thing, because I want them to have a normal life, Sam!”

“Dean? Sam? Why are you yelling? What happened?” a voice from the backseat asked, and suddenly Dean and Sam realized they weren’t alone.

“I’m sorry, Cas, I didn’t mean to wake you. I’ll be quit now, go back to sleep,” Dean apologized.

Cas understood it was better to not say anything and closed his eyes. He had been around the Winchesters long enough to not join their discussions.

He tried to get back to sleep, but failed, so he heard Sam and Dean’s entire conversation.

And he didn’t like what he heard.

A/N well I'm living on 2.5hours sleep too but hey, I still wrote a chapter for you before I go to my dad's ^^ comments and votes are always appreciated! Hope you like it, thanks for reading :)