Chapter 10

A/N Hello! This chapter is kinda a filler, but I needed it for the next one haha :) Monday, my exams are starting and I just really don't want to :( Oh well, I gotta pass them, I don't want to have to do this year 2 times. thanks for reading, and I hope you like this chapter ^^ 

There was happiness in the bunker, yes. But they still hadn’t found a way to open the Heavenly gates and it was getting really frustrating. The only thing Sam and Dean could do was keep searching and doing jobs.

Every time they left, Cas would give them a sad look and tell them to take care. Every time, he spent days alone in the bunker, reading books, going though hundreds old files that the bunker had.

 He also kept the bunker clean most of the time, did the dishes, renewed the bed sheets, he even had asked Dean to get him a vacuum. He ate the already cooked meals Dean had made before they left, because Dean was afraid Cas might hurt himself while trying to make dinner himself.

Meanwhile, Kevin showed himself less and less. He appeared again one day, asking the same as always.

“Got anything new?”

And they always had to disappoint him, so Kevin didn’t show any more. All of it was really frustrating for everyone. Sometimes Dean wished he could just take Cas’ face in his hands and slam his lips to Cas’ ones, but he couldn’t. He didn’t know how to tell Sam.

Dean had always been the one to get some random chick for a night, and now he was with a guy… and definitely for longer than one night. Sure, Cas had offered to talk to Sam himself, but Dean had told him no. It would only make it worse, he had said.

He wanted to tell Sam when there weren’t so many things going on, so that wouldn’t be anytime soon. Still, both Dean and Cas were happy with each other, even if it was a secret. They spent much time just cuddling and kissing, too tired for more.

One night, it had been close. Dean and Sam were just back from a hunt, and it was 11pm. Sam had been really tired and went straight to bed. Dean and Cas went to Cas’ room, kissing already before Dean kicked the door close.

“I missed you,” Cas whispered.

“I know, Cas. ‘M sorry it took so long,” Dean replied.  “I missed you too, a lot,” he added and pressed another kiss on Cas’ lips. He realized how much he had missed this the past five days and kissed harder, licking Cas’ lips, waiting for them to open.

He tugged at Cas’ shirt as he felt Cas’ hands sliding under his own, going over his hips, to his back where they started to rub small circles. It felt great and Dean felt his muscles relax under Cas’ touch.

He finally managed to unbutton Cas’ shirt and slid it off his shoulders. For a moment, he just stood there, admiring the man standing in front of him, before he pulled Cas into a hug and started kissing his neck.

They ended up on the bed, Cas in only his sweatpants, Dean still dressed. He took his shirt off, just to see Cas staring at him.

“Still the staring, Cas? I thought you had seen this enough already,” he joked, but Cas said nothing as he followed a few scars with his finger.

“You are hurt,” Cas whispered, touching a bruise that hadn’t been there before.

Den whimpered a little. “Yeah, but it’s okay. I’m okay, Cas,” he said, but it was already too late. Cas had turned Dean around (sometimes Dean forgot how strong Cas actually was), and gasped at Dean’s back. There were a few more bruises and some cuts.

“What happened?” he asked, worried. “I wish I could heal you.” He instantly looked sad again.

Dean turned back and kissed Cas, pulling him down and rolling over so Cas was lying under him. “You heal me enough by just being here with me,” he said, looking at Cas’ deep blue eyes before leaning in for a kiss.

They both forgot what they were thinking about and kept kissing, runner their hands over each other’s bodies. Suddenly, Dean felt one of Cas’ hands at his zipper. He took Cas’ wrist, causing him to look up with shame.

“I’m sorry, I just…” he started, but Dean interrupted him.

“It’s okay, Cas, just… not now, okay?”

Cas nodded, still feeling shame. Dean kissed him softly, before lying down and letting Cas rest his head on Dean’s chest. It was silent for a while and then Cas asked something.

“Dean? Are you happy with me?”

“Am I happy with you? Of course I’m happy with you!” Dean answered.

“But are you happy because you have something to play around with, or are you happy because I am your friend?” Cas sounded worried. “I am your friend, right?”

Dean put a finger under Cas’ chin, causing Cas to look up at him.

“Cas, I am happy with you because 1. You are my best friend, 2. You’re my family, you and Sam are the one I care the most for, and 3. I am not playing around with you. I could take 30 girls from a bar here, but they would not even give me a slight bit of the feelings I have for you.

Dean was deadly serious, looking at Cas the whole time.

Cas looked back, and knew Dean was telling the truth. But there was one more thing. “But why did you try to stop me when I… you know,” he said awkwardly.

“I can’t tell you right now, but I will, later. I promise.”

Cas sighed and lied his head back. “You have really beautiful eyes,” he muttered before falling asleep.

Dean smiled and put the covers around them. “You too, Cas. You too,” he whispered back, even if Cas couldn’t hear him.

A few days later, Sam and Dean were about to go on a hunt again. It was the night before they’d leave and only the two of them were awake.

“Dean, don’t you think…”

Dean groaned. “How many times do I have to say this? Cas is not going anywhere. He is safe here, and I’d like to keep it that way.”

“But Dean, Kevin seems pretty mad already. You know what happens with vengeful spirits, you know what happened with Bobby,” Sam tried again.

“Sammy, please, I know.  But I can’t protect both of you at the same time, and besides, we haven’t even seen Kevin much around lately. I think Cas will be safer here in the bunker. He isn’t a hunter and he’ll never be one, so he doesn’t go with us on jobs.”

Dean gave Sam a look that said don’t you dare to talk back because I ain’t changing my answer, and Sam decided to just let it be for now.

Both of them went to bed after that, Sam in his own and Dean slipped under the covers next to Cas.

The next morning, they woke up early, ate breakfast and got their bags. As dean got his clothes, Cas walked into his room. He didn’t say anything, but stood beside Dean and pulled his arms around Dean’s waist.

Dean turned around and took Cas into his arms. They stood like that for a while, Dean resting his chin on Cas head, and Cas with his face pressed into Dean’s shoulder.

Dean pulled back and looked at Cas. “Hey, I’ll be back in a few days. Are you gonna be okay?” he asked, a bit worried.

“I’ll be,” Cas replied. He sighed. “I’ll miss you, Dean.”

Dean hugged Cas again. “I’ll miss you too, Cas,” he whispered into Cas’ hair. He pressed a kiss on Cas forehead and looked Cas into the eyes.

“I’ll be back soon, I promise.”