Chapter 21

A/N I'm so sorry for such a late update. I have no idea what's up with my internet lately but it never works and I just- *sounds of me banging my head against a wall*.

Also lats episode got me crying pretty much. I was honestly thinking i predicted the future with my fic... Sam, Dean, Charlie and Cas having dinner I just oh my god. If only the actual "destiel" part could come to life tho hahaha

Anyways, here's your update :) 

The next morning, Dean woke up slowly. He stretched and rubbed his eyes before looking around. His eyes spotted the plate of eggs with bacon set on his nightstand. He raised his eyebrows and picked it up, it was cold.

He decided to take a shower first, and then go to the kitchen to warm up his eggs. He wondered why he didn’t wake up to the smell of them; he must have been very tired. He shrugged and stripped off his clothes to get into the shower.

As soon as he was done, he picked up his plate and walked out of his room. As he passed Cas in the hallways, he noticed Cas looked… afraid?

“Hiya, Cas, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” Cas mumbled and he walked on.

Dean frowned. He’d check on Cas later, he was now hungry and really wanted his eggs.

“Hey Sammy, did you make these eggs? I wouldn’t mind being woken up for eggs,” he said as soon as he saw Sam.

Sam sprung up from his chair like he was stung by a bee. “Dean?”

“Yea of course, who else would it be?”

“No, I meant… I just…” Sam shook his head and seemed to recover. “You have been asleep for so long, I was just surprised.”

“How do you mean? I only went to sleep last night?”

“Dean, it’s Wednesday. You slept from Monday night all through Tuesday.”

“Ah, alright. I must’ve been more tired than I thought. I haven’t slept very well past days. Oh, well, I’m just gonna warm up these eggs, I’m starving,” Dean replied and walked to the microwave. Why was everyone acting so… weird?

As soon as his eggs were done, he sat at the table and started eating. Delicious. “You got us a case?” he asked Sam, who was busy typing on the laptop.

“Nope, not yet. Which is nice, so we can rest well.”

“Hmm,” Dean hummed. He didn’t really like it, but Sam was right. After all, getting Cas back was a lot harder than they had thought.

After his breakfast, dean took a book and started reading. It was weird, they didn’t have a case, they didn’t have to save anyone, Sam, Dean, Cas and Charlie were all fine, and still, Dean had the feeling something was missing. His thoughts didn’t make it easier, and he decided to check on Charlie.

She had been in the bunker for a while, Sam had given her a random room at first, and when it became clear she’d be here for a while, they told her to just act like it was her own room. When Dean arrived, Charlie was listening to a song on her phone, eyes closed as she danced through the room.

Dean didn’t want to scare her, so he leaned against the doorpost. She moved so freely, as if nothing was even bothering her, as if there were no monsters, no demons, no dicks called angels, nothing. It reminded him of how he relaxed with his music in Baby. Speaking of her, he’d make a nice trip today since it had been too many time without driving her.