Chapter 7

“Dean? Cas? Is everything okay?”

Dean groaned and pulled away. “Yeah, it’s fie, he just won’t get out of bed,” he yelled back and as soon as he heard Sam’s footsteps coming, he got out of Cas’ bed.

Cas looked disappointed.

“One day I will tell him. We will tell him. Just… not now,” Dean whispered and ran a hand through his hair. He looked at Cas, lying there in his sweatpants, shirtless, the blue eyes looking back at Dean, and the hair…

Oh god, if Sammy wouldn’t be here in a few seconds…

Dean had a thing for Cas’ hair. The messy, always looking like he just stepped right out of bed, black hair, almost falling in his eyes, Dean loved it.

“Cas, c’mon, get out of bed,” Sam said, walking into the room.

“No.” And Cas snuggled up against his pillow and put the covers back around himself. “It’s nice in here, I don’t wanna leave.” He looked sad again.

“Hey Cas, tonight you can get back in, but for now you really have to get up. And besides, we wanna hear your story so….” Dean said as he took the covers off Cas.

“Story?” Cas asked as he sat up.

“Yeah, you know, the woman etc.”

As soon as Dean said “woman” they heard Sam choking on his coffee. “What is going on here? A woman? And you haven’t told us anything?”

Dean just laughed. “Yea that was pretty much my reaction too. Now Cas, get a shower and dress yourself. We need to go grocery shopping and clean up the bunker and then you’re gonna tell us everything.

“Dean, can you help me?” Cas walked into the room Sam and Dean were sitting in.

Dean looked up and the first thing he saw was Cas with an unbuttoned shirt, his body still a bit damp from his shower and he didn’t even dare to look at Cas’ hair. He swallowed and tried not to look at Cas’ bare chest too obviously. Damn, he didn’t know angels could have such muscles.

He started buttoning Cas’ shirt, laughing at Cas’ reaction every time Dean’s cold fingers touched his warm skin.

Cas looked at Dean, frowning. “Are there any rules on whether to wear a button-up or another shirt?” he asked.

Sam and Dean started laughing, but stopped as soon as Cas just looked more confused. He had asked a serious question. Why were they laughing?

“I’m so sorry, Cas,” Sam apologized. “But to answer your questions: there are no rules, you can just wear whatever shirt you want.”

“So… I don’t have to wear this today?” Cas gestured to the shirt Dean had just buttoned.

“Not if you don’t want to,” Sam replied.

“Good, because I wanna wear another shirt today.”

Dean sighed. “Couldn’t you have said that before I buttoned it all up?” he asked quasi-mad.

“But Dean, you were already done when I knew I wanted to wear another shirt,” Cas said.

“Nah, I’m just kidding, go get another shirt so we can go grocery shopping,” Dean laughed.

“Dean, why do humans need so much food? It’s not like they have special powers to use it for,” Cas asked as he watched Dean grab a bag g cereal.

“I don’t know, Cas, a lot happens inside our bodies. I think we need food for that.” Dean replied.

“Like what? those feelings I have?”

If they weren’t in the mall, Dean would have grabbed him instantly to kiss him. How did Cas even managed to look that cute without trying to. It was the combination of the blue eyes, the confused stare and yes, the bed hair.

And today, the simple jeans and very well-fitting shirt also did part of the job.

“Dean? Are you there? Why are you staring at me? Did I do something wrong?” Cas asked, snapping Dean right out of his thoughts.

“Yes, no, I mean, what?”

Cas looked at him. “You were really silent. What were you thinking about?” he looked at the different kinds of pie, choosing one Dean would like.

“Oh, nothing,” Dean replied, smiling as he saw Cas picking Dean’s favorite kind of pie.

Once they got back to the bunker, Sam told them he hadn’t found a case yet, so they had to fill the day with cleaning up.

“This would be so much easier if I still had my powers,” Cas sighed as he moped the floor.

“Well, there’s one thing we can do to make it a bit better,” Dean said as he put a cassette in the old radio, and soon Queen’s “Another One Bite The Dust” was coming through the speakers.  

“I gotta say, Cas, you’re doing this really well,” Sam complemented.

“Yeah it is like my work at the Gas ‘N Sip but without the customers,” Cas replied, and suddenly he froze. “My job! I had a job there! They won’t even know where I am right now!” He almost started panicking but Dean calmed him down.

“We will call and tell them you quit the job. You don’t need the money here; we’ll take good care of ya, Cas.”

That calmed him down, and soon they were all cleaning again while listening to Dean’s false sing along with Queen.

By the time they were done, it was almost 6.30pm and they were quite hungry so Dean started making burgers. He was just flipping the burgers in the pan and getting the bread as he heard someone walk into the kitchen.

“I told you, no touching my food when I’m cooking or I’ll cut your hair when you’re asleep!” he warned.

“Oh I’m… I’m sorry, Dean, I didn’t want to make you mad,” a voice said, and it was not Sam’s.

Dean turned around instantly. “Cas! I didn’t mean it to you, but usually Sam likes to come in and touch all my food. You can stay here if you want,” he said, wrapping his arms around Cas.

He felt Cas melting into his arms, snuggling his nose in the place between Dean’s neck and shoulder.

They stood like that for a moment before Dean kissed Cas’ forehead, ruffled his hand through Cas’ hair and went back to the burgers before they’d burn.

He had just put the burgers on the bread and was about to get them to the table when he felt Cas’ arms around him again.

“Dean… do you have a moment?”

“Depends,” Dean replied. He didn’t mind standing here with Cas, but he also didn’t want the food to get cold.

“I just wondered if I could kiss you again?” Cas’ head was tilted again, cute looking as ever.

Dean said nothing, but smiled and leaned in for a kiss.

He felt Cas smiling under his lips, and wanted to stay there for so long, but Sam would notice something so he pulled away and gave Cas another hug. “Soon,” he said, and walked to the table.

“Well, Cas,” Sam said as they were done eating. They still sat at the table, this time with a beer. “Tell us what happened when you were away.”

A/N So as you know, I don't have a specific "upload day" or something, I just try to update as soon as I have time ti write. It may be getting a bit slower, because I have exams coming, but I will still be reachable on Wattpad. 

Thank you for reading, and feedback is appreciated (even if it's just one vote or comment, they make my day) :)