Chapter 11

“Why the huge smile?” Sam asked as Dean pulled up at the bunker.

It was 4 days later and they were just back from their job.

“I’m just glad we’re back, I missed my bed,” Dean replied. “That motel was seriously the worst.”

Sam couldn’t agree more. They’ve had a lot of bad motels during their years of hunting but this one had by far been one of the worst. Or maybe they just got used to the comfortable bunker, but that wasn’t anything to care about.

Both of them were tired. The job had been tough, and even Dean only had a few drinks before heading back to the motel, without a girl. Now that Sam thought about it, when was the last time Dean had been with a girl? He didn’t even know.

Had it something to do with Cas? Sam just shrugged it off as soon as Dean stopped the Impala. He’d ask Dean about it later.

They went inside the bunker, it was complete silent.

“Hello?” Dean shouted. “We’re back!”

No answer.

“Cas? You there?”

Still nothing. Dean started to worry. Cas hadn’t gone outside, had he? Dean had told him to stay inside at night.

Sa, looked in Cas’ bedroom, but it was empty. He looked at Dean. Dean looked back, and both knew something was not right here. Cas was in trouble.

“Cas? Answer me!” Dean yelled again, walking through the bunker. “Cas?? Ca-“ suddenly he stopped.

“Sammy??” his voice was full of panic.

Sam ran to Dean, but stopped when he saw Cas’ body, lying there, half covered with a closet. “What…”

“I don’t know, but we have to take him somewhere else. Help me with this closet,” Dean said.

They managed to get Cas free and in his bed, his body not moving.

“Is he…” Sam didn’t dare to ask it.

After a quick check, they found out Cas was still alive, his heart was beating.

Dean sighed with relief, before it suddenly got to him. An intense sadness overcame him and he just sat there, looking at Cas’ body.

Sam immediately knew what was wrong, and led Dean away from the bed, into a chair further away. “Dean,” he said. “Dean, listen to me.”

Dean did nothing, and kept looking at Cas.

“Dean!” Sam said one more time before slapping Dean’s face. It worked, and Dean’s head snapped up.

“What? Why did you hit me? Why…?” it hit him again. “Sammy, this is my fault,” he whispered.

“Dean, no, it isn’t. You’re not the one to blame for this.” It didn’t work.

“I told him to stay in the bunker, I thought he would be safe and now…”

Sam watched his big brother break down. This rarely happened, and he knew there was something else. “But that’s not it, is it?” he asked, leaving it to Dean what he wanted to tell.

Dean looked at him. He sighed and decided to just tell Sam. “Yeah, there is,” he started. “I… Me and Cas… we…” he stumbled. “We like each other. A lot.” He finally spit out, afraid for Sam’s reaction. But there was nothing to be afraid of.

“Dean it’s okay, I have suspected something but decided not to say anything in case it made you uncomfortable. It took me a while, tho. You two did a good job hiding it.” Sam laughed.

“So… you’re not… mad? Disappointed? Anything?”

“Why would I be Dean? Because you like Cas? Because you like a man? C’mon Dean, that’s ridiculous. You’ve been happier than ever, why would I be mad?” Sam asked. “Do you already have…” he didn’t finish.

“No,” Dean replied. “I wasn’t sure you’d be okay with it and if we had done… it, it’d be so final and I just couldn’t do it without knowing you would be fine with it.”

Sam swallowed. That was one of the nicest things Dean has ever said to him. “Of course I’m fine with it, Dean.”

Dean let out a sigh of relief. “I’m gonna see if I can reach Gabe, maybe he’ll be able to help Cas.” Dean was about to walk away when he suddenly realized something. “What do you mean… suspected?”

Sam just shrugged. “Oh I don’t know, sometimes you two would look at each other like… I can’t even explain it, but Cas looked at you as if you have hung the moon and the stars. It was other than all those other stares tho.”

Dean smiled. He and Cas has had their stare moments, yes. He walked away, but heard his name again.

“Dean? One more thing…”

Dean turned around, not knowing what to expect.

“you know you’re gonna hear this forever from now on, don’t you?” Sam grinned, and Dean rolled his eyes before he turned back.

Sam would always be Sam, he thought and smiled as he walked to his room.

“Gabriel? I don’t know if you can hear me, but if you can, please answer me. it’s Cas, he is… wounded. And unconscious. I don’t know what happened to him, I don’t know what to do I just… I don’t know.

If you’re able to break out of heaven one more time, please do it, for Cas. He needs you, Gabe. We need you. You don’t have to heal him completely, just wake him up. I need to know what happened or otherwise I can’t take care of him.”

Dean sighed and ended his prayer. It was the second time he asked for Gabe, but he didn’t trust the other angels.

He closed his eyes and could only hope his prayer had reached heaven as he tried to sleep, missing Cas’ warm body next to his.

A/N Awe poor Dean :( Anyways, I hope you liked it! Please, comment and/or vote. Thanks for reading :)