Chapter 13

There was a full silence.

“He… what?!”  Dean finally asked, not knowing whether he heard it right or not.

But he did.

“Kevin was mad and he nearly killed me by throwing that closet. He was mad I was human and I couldn’t help him. I think he was a vengeful spirit already,” Cas explained, still looking at the table.

Sam and Dean looked at each other, sharing a well known emotion.

“Cas, we’re so sorry this happened to you. we should have never left you alone,” Sam said.

Dean still didn’t say anything. He was the who had told Cas to stay in the bunker. He was the one who had denied Cas to go with them.

He was the one who was supposed to keep Cas safe, to protect him. And now, Cas got hurt because of Dean.

Sam shot one look at Dean and instantly knew what was going on in Dean’s head. “Dean…” he said, but Dean ignored him. He stood up and left without a word.

“Should I… go after him?” Cas asked, still not knowing what to do when Dean was like this. Most of the time, Dean enjoyed Cas’ presence, but other times Cas didn’t even dare to talk to him until Dean said something.

It sounded hard for Cas, but he was happy with Dean. If Dean needed his time alone, Cas would happily give him that. Anything better than to make Dean angry.

Sam shook his head. “No, let him be for a moment. He feels guilty because he couldn’t keep you safe where he thought you’d be. He needs some time alone now.”

Cas sighed. “But he didn’t know, how could he?” he asked to no one particular. Though, he knew Dean would always blame himself is something happened to either Cas or Sam.

Meanwhile, Dean sat on his bad. How could he even be with Cas if Cas kept getting hurt because of him? It hadn’t been right to kiss him back at the motel. But it felt so good. So… right.

Cas’ lips moving against his own, feeling the human passion they both shared, it had been amazing. How had Cas even known how to kiss so well?

Oh right.

Meg.

Dean almost got mad but he stopped himself. It wasn’t Meg’s fault; she had shown her interest in Cas instead of doing nothing and hoping for a miracle.

He snapped out of his thoughts as someone knocked on the door.

“No,” he said. He wasn’t ready to see someone yet. He listened but heard no one walk away. Oh well, he wasn’t going to open that door anyways. For a moment Dean felt guilty, what if it was Cas?

Sam had probably warned him, if Cas hadn’t listened, it was his fault. If it had been Cas, Dean would apologize later. Right now, he just wanted to sleep. He got out of his clothes and turned around.

As he lay down, he felt how tired he had been. He hadn’t slept much past weeks, even if Cas said he was all fine, Dean stayed awake till he was sure Cas slept well. But now, he couldn’t sleep. He turned and turned, threw the covers off him, cuddled back into them, nothing worked.

He decided there was only one thing to do.

Cas smiled as he woke up because someone slid behind him into the bed.

 Dean kissed Cas’ temple and whispered a small “I’m sorry,” not knowing Cas had woken up. As he lay his head on the pillow, Cas turned around, blue eyes looking in his own.

“It’s okay,” Cas whispered back and laid his head on Dean’s chest. He fell asleep right away.

Dean went to the land of dreams not long after while looking at the beautiful man in his arms.

The next morning, Sam woke up first. He made himself coffee and went to check on Dean. He hadn’t bothered Dean any more after he had knocked on his door the day before.

When he opened Dean’s door, the bed was empty, but looked like Dean had been in it. At first, Sam was worried. But when he opened Cas’ door and saw both him and Dean sleeping peacefully, he smiled and closed the door.

Dean woke up by Cas, who slowly turned around, trying not to wake Dean.

“Morning, Cas,” Dean said.

“Good morning, Dean,” came the gruffly voice back, even deeper than usual. Cas definitely wasn’t a morning person. “How are you feeling?”

Dean opened his arms. “I’m good. Now c’mere.”

Cas looked at Dean and smiled before placing himself back into Dean’s arms. They never had the time to slowly wake up, so he wanted to cherish this moment.

When after a few minutes both Dean and Cas got out of bed, they had almost forgotten about all the things going on in their lives. They got coffee and Dean made breakfast.

“Good morning, Sam.”

Sam looked up from his laptop and saw Cas standing in front of him. “Morning, Cas. Slept well?”

Cas nodded and sat down. “I don’t think Dean is still angry.”

Sam grinned. “I know, I saw you this morning,” he said, causing Cas to blush. He wanted to reply, but Dean just came in.

“Eggs with bacon for breakfast, guys. Need to do some grocery shopping today. Hiya Sammy, got us a case?” he said as he put the plates on the table.

Sam shook his head and they started eating. Cas felt better, but still needed his rest so they decided Dean would go to the store alone.

Dean had just come back and was about to close the door of the bunker when he heard a familiar voice.

“Hey wait for me? you’re not gonna leave me standing here, right?”

He almost dropped the bags he was carrying and turned around. “Charlie! so good to see you!” He hugged her and they went inside, where Sam was searching things up and Cas was lying on the couch, reading a book.

“Hey bitches!” Charlie yelled before Dean could properly introduce her to Cas.

Sam jumped up and hugged her too, which looked as ridiculous as it had looked with Gabriel.

Cas just looked confused. “That’s rude to say to someone,” he stated.

Charlie was not impressed by his statement. “Oh hey there, you must be Castiel. I’m Charlie, nice to meet you!” Charlie introduced herself, which left Cas only more confused.

“How do you know my name?” he asked.

Charlie laughed. “I’ve read the books, Chuck can write really well. ‘I am the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition,’” she quoted, lowering her voice. Sam and Dean snorted at her impression of Cas.

“I’m no angel,” Cas only said.

“Oh that’s not nice, what happened? Wait, let’s just save that, I bet you two,” she pointed to Sam and Dean. “got a lot of shit to do?”

Sam sighed. “If only, we’re pretty much stuck right now. I’m gonna make some hot chocolate for us all and we’re all gonna talk. You’re pretty far behind and you need to catch up.”

They all agreed and when Sam got them hot chocolate, they sat around the table, catching up with each other and for a while, all problems were forgotten. 

A/N I AM ALMOST DONE WITH MY EXAMS AYYYEEE

Ok carry on (my wayward son). Thanks for reading ^^