Chapter 26

The first thing Dean did when he woke up for every day of the two following weeks was pinching himself. He needed to know if it really wasn't a dream. After two weeks, Cas told him to stop doing it.

"Your arm gets all red and there are bruises," he said.

It took Dean another week before he was sure it wasn't a dream.

It was just an ordinary Monday evening and Sam, Dean, Cas and Charlie were sitting on the couch. Sam and Dean were just back from a hunt, and Cas and Charlie made peachy pie.

Suddenly, someone appeared in the room, making Charlie scream.

"Oh God, that was scary!" she said. As soon as she saw who it was, her cheeks turned pink. "OH I'm sorry, I mean, I didn't want to offend you, I'm-"

"It's fine," Chuck assured her. He was wearing a white shirt instead of the bathrobe. He also looked a lot fresher than the last time they had seen him. "Hey guys, good to see you're all doing well."

"Good to see you too," Dean replied. "But what are you here for? I mean... I don't think God really does house visits."

"Well, I do, actually, but you're right. I'm here with a reason. Castiel?"

Cas nodded. "Hello, Father," he said politely.

"Castiel, what you have done is again, going against heaven," Chuck started. "Now I have given you some time to calm down and I have been thinking too. I am willing to give you an offer, for once and for all."

Cas nodded again. "I'd like to hear it," he replied.

"As for what you have done, I will have to take away your grace. Yet, for all you have done in the past, I am willing to let you have a tiny bit left, so you can heal the Winchesters when it's needed. If you don't accept, you will remain a full angel, which includes doing your tasks for heaven."

It was dead silent.

"I will accept your offer," Cas said.

"Cas! You can't just... do that! You just have your grace back," Dean exclaimed.

"Dean," Cas replied. "I will always have a tiny bit left, and I will be able to grow old with you, but keep healing you. I want this, for you, for Sam and for Charlie too."

"Yeah... about that, when do you want me gone? I mean, I have to look for an apartment, but-" Charlie started, but Dean interrupted her.

"You want to leave?" he sounded genuinely sad.

"No, but I thought you'd go back to hunting, and well, the bunker is yours, and you thought me how to cook..."

"Charlie, I really liked spending time with you, so I thought I'd teach you some things, I don't want you gone! You do, Sammy?"

Sam shook his head. "Of course not! We said you'd always be welcome, it'd be an honor to have you here, if you can handle me and Dean's moods."

"Well, if that's settled," Chuck suddenly spoke. They all had kinda forgotten he was there too. "I'd like to hear your final answer, Castiel."

"Yes," Cas said. "I accept your offer." He stood up and kneeled before Chuck.

"Alright, I'd advice you all to close your eyes and bring your heads to your knees. In order to do this, I need to be in my actual God's shape, and seeing me will blind you immediately."

As soon as Dean, Sam and Charlie had done what Chuck said, they felt a warmth coming from where Chuck and Cas were.

"It's done," Chuck then said. "You can open your eyes." In his hand, he held a small bottle, bigger than the one Dena had before. In the bottle swirled Cas' grace.

"You are now officially human, Castiel. Congratulations."

"Thank you, Father," Cas replied and went to sit back on the couch with Dean, who immediately took Cas' hand in his.

"And Charlie... My new book will come out soon, it has Destiel in it, of course," Chuck winked and disappeared.

"What's 'Destiel'?" Cas asked, confused.

"Nothing to worry about, Cas. Fangirls are weird creatures, you can trust me on that," Dean replied. "Now that all that is done... who wants a beer?"

When he came back with a few beers for him, Sam and Cas, Charlie walked also back in, with pie in her hands. "I had nothing to do this morning, so I thought I'd make another pie," she said shyly. "Now that Cas is human again, I guess he will have his human taste back?"

As soon as they all had a part of the pie, Charlie said she wanted to say something before they started eating. "I just want to thank you for letting me live here. It really means a lot to me, and I will enjoy it very much. Cas, congratulations on your decision and I'm glad you made it.

And at last, I want to thank you all, for accepting me here, and being the best friends I ever had. I'm not really the one to get sentimental but for the past few months, you have cared for me as if I were your sister. I really appreciated it and I still do. I'll be enjoying my time here. To Destiel!"

"To Destiel!" they all replied and ate their first bite of pie.

"damn, Charlie, this is really good pie," Dean said, trying to hide a moan.

Sam laughed. "I must say, this is one of your best so far, what did you put in it?"

"Secret ingredient," Charlie replied.

Cas didn't say anything, but he didn't have the time for it either. With every bite he took, he closed his eyes, and let the taste explore in his mouth. It was delicious.

Meanwhile, in heaven, Chuck and Gabriel were watching them with a smile on their faces.

"I'm not even surprised," Gabriel said. "He'd give up anything for that damn Winchester."

"But look at them," Chuck replied. "wouldn't you either if he looked at you like that?"

It was true, Dean was watching Cas with so much love, he almost had real hearts in his eyes. "You should come by some time, they miss you."

"Yeah, might do that soon, but I'll just let them be for a while. They've had enough problems lately."

I'm glad they're all together again, were Chuck's last thoughts. This will last for a long time

FIN

A/N Endnotes will be the next chapter because they're quite long haha. You don't have to read them if you don't wanna, I just wanted to say a few things ^^

Also the season finale I'm   ?¿?¿¿???¿