Ch 2

Y/n got no chance with Jimin. She got no opportunity through which she could get to know Jimin more deeply. His solidity was really hard and dangerous to disturb. She didn't plan on getting into trouble in the very initial days of her new university. So in spite of being too curious, she kept her distance.

The teacher was distributing the result of their first assessment. There were some happy faces and some sad faces after getting the results. The atmosphere was intense, the classroom echoing with the sounds of accelerated heartbeats.

Y/n glanced towards Jimin. Something she used to do really often. In hope of getting a hint of some emotions on his face. But as usual, there was just blankness. As if he was just a surviving body without any soul of its own. He lost his feelings the day that girl was murdered.

He just sat there, jotting down stuff on his diary. As much as Y/n felt pity for this poor creature, she was really curious to know that what all he used to write in that diary of his. That diary felt as if it was his only escape from this world, the world which no more mattered to him.

The teacher announces his name, making him get up from his seat and proceed forward to get his result.

Mr. Lee- Congratulations Jimin!! You scored 96% on the test!! I'm so proud of you!!

The classroom fills with the claps of the students but it was just background noise for Jimin. His expression never changes. No matter what happens. He feels nothing. He's just numb.

He gets back on his seat and pushes his result inside his bag. With that, he again gets lost in his diary.

Time Skip

Everyone gets to the canteen as the lunch break bell rings. Y/n gets a seat with Rose after getting their food. She again glances at Jimin, sitting there alone, like every other day. He didn't even bother to speak with the canteen's food distributor as he always got his own food. Even in the class, on getting questioned by the teacher, he would just go to the blackboard and write down the solution there and get back to his seat. Y/n NEVER heard his voice. She wondered how angelic his voice must be as his face was angelic too.

Y/n's thoughts get interrupted as Rose waves her hands in front of Y/n's face, to get her back into reality.

Rose- What's the deal with you dude? I always notice you examining Jimin and then getting dozed off. Are you perhaps getting interested in him?

Y/n- Of course, I am interested in him. I mean who won't be? He's such a mystery, such a puzzle.

Rose- Then don't ever try to unpuzzle him, if you want to be safe. I don't want you to fall into his trap.

Y/n- Hmm...Let's get back to the food.

Y/n changes the topic as she didn't want to argue with her bestie. She knew that Rose would never allow her to get any nearer to him. But Y/n just couldn't help her curiosity. She was just looking for a good opportunity.

Time Skip

Another day at school and everyone gets settled in the class before the teacher shows up. Y/n's eyes again find their way towards that last bench by the window side. To her surprise, she finds it empty. Jimin was never late but today looks like he got caught up with something. Or is he ill? 

Y/n gets worried about him but couldn't understand the reason behind this feeling. Maybe she got herself too connected to him that his absence affected her. 

The teacher gets into the class and starts distributing their notebooks which he had taken for checking. 

Mr. Lee- Where's Jimin? He didn't come today?