Ch 18

It's been 1 month since Jimin tried to commit suicide. He didn't show up at the university for the initial 1 week as he was recovering. Y/n's mental state was not stable. As much as she hated Jimin, she kept on worrying about him. She already knew his nature and after that suicide attempt, she had become more conscious and scared.

What if he tries to hurt himself again?

This question kept revolving in her mind but she brushed it away by persuading herself that she doesn't care anymore. It's his life and he can do whatever he wants with it.

Just after 1 week, a day before Jimin returned to university, she got a call from Tae.

Tae- Hey cupcake!!

Y/n- Hey TaeTae!! How are you?

Tae- I'm totally fine, what about you? 

Y//n- Umm, I'm also just fine.

Tae- Hmm, I can understand. By the way, what's going on between you and Jimin now?

Y/n- Nothing, I broke up.

Tae- Jinja??!! *shocked*

Y/n- Of course, dude. After all that he did, how else am I supposed to react?

Tae- Hmm, but he did have a reason.

Y/n- No reason can justify his obsession!!

Tae- Hmm. I heard he committed suicide.

Y/n- Yeah he did. He reached an extreme level of an obsession!! And that's why I broke up on the same day.

Tae- Ouch, that would have hurt bad.

Y/n- Huh? What do you mean? Whose side are you on?

Tae- I'm on no one's side. It's your life, so you'll be the only one to make the decisions but I thought that I should inform you about this.

Y/n- About what?

Tae- Jimin met me just a while ago.

Y/n- *wide eyed* WHAT??!! Did he do something to you? Are you ok? He didn't hurt you right?-

Tae- Relax Relax. I'm totally fine and he did nothing. He just came here to apologize.

Y/n- Apologize?

Tae- Nae. His eyes were full of regret, sorry and heartbreak. He apologized to me for the way he behaved towards me and that cut that he gave on my wrist. And I accepted it.

Y/n- Huh? What's going on with him? I swear if he's trying to get me back by playing these stupid acts then he's gonna get nothing but failure. I'm not falling for all this now.

Tae- I didn't ask you to fall for it. I just wish that you take your decision wisely. I just wish for everyone's happiness.

Y/n- Aww..You're such a sweetheart Tae.

Tae- Of course I am, hehe. Well, I've gotta complete some work, I'll call you later. Take care.

Y/n- Hmm. Same to you.

Jimin's sudden actions did affect her for some minutes but then, she was determined to not get affected by him anymore. She wasn't going to get in his traps once again.

The next day she went to university and found a yet new student in her class. A new student who looked familiar yet different. 

Park Jimin. 

Jimin, who was no more an outcast. Who no more wore that blank expression. Who no more was rude towards anyone.

He became just like some other student at the university. 

He approached Rose and apologized to her too and clarified that killing her parents was never his true intentions, he just wanted to scare her. And to Y/n's surprise, Rose forgave him too.

At first, the other students felt a bit hesitant towards him but gradually his sweet and considerate nature, made them feel comfortable with him.

He no more sat alone during the lunch break. He got a bunch of brand new friends with whom he used to chit chat and share food.

He got some new crazy fangirls who would drool over him even at his one glance. They started approaching him, persuading him to go out with them but he just politely refused them. Even his rejection was so soft that the girls felt attacked by him. 

He started answering in the class. He interacted with the teacher and even helped some weak students with their studies.

During the sports period, he started playing with the basketball group and displayed his yet another talented side. He even got selected for the inter-school basketball competition. 

Everything about him changed. He was no more the old Jimin. His relationship with everyone changed at the speed of light. Even the relationship with Y/n.

On one side, he was now dissolved like a lump of sugar in the water among all the other people at the university.

But on the other side, the distance between him and Y/n kept on increasing. He wouldn't even glance at her. He did his best to avoid crossing paths with her. Because whenever he used to look at her face, the only emotion he felt was pain. Pain at his heart. The pain of guilt and separation. No matter how desperately he was longing for her, he couldn't make himself face her as he had already decided to let her go.

He tried his best to change. He changed for his love. That was the only thing he could do to give justice to the warmth that Y/n once provided him with. He knew that the sins he did were unforgivable but this was the only way through which he could wash them to a little extent. He even went to the police station to surrender but the case was already closed as no one from Yujun's family reported the FIR.

He cried that night. In fact, he cries every night since that day. He puts up that smiley face in the university but from the inside, he keeps on breaking inch by inch. The way he lost everything by his own hands was something that still shook him to the core. But he couldn't show it outside as he knew that his princess would easily read him and feel more hurt than she already was.

Everything was for his love but without his love.

.

.

.

.

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT.