Ch 19 (Final)

Y/n and Rose sit at their usual spot in the canteen while Jimin sits at a table really far from them, where he's been sitting for the entire month.

Y/n digs into her food while looking blankly at the floor. Jimin's behaviour towards her has been really affecting her. No matter how hard she tries not to care but it still bothers her. She was the one who created this distance between them but still, she was the one who wanted to erase all those bad memories and go running towards Jimin. As if she was addicted to his warmth and his soothing voice. She was feeling empty from inside, yet she was being tough from outside.

Suddenly her thoughts get interrupted as she hears a strong bang on her table. She looks in front and sees Rose staring at her.

Rose- Where do you keep getting lost these days huh?

Y/n- Nothing. It's just because I'm not having proper sleep these days due to the project works.

Rose- Really? Are you sure that's the reason?

Y/n- Of course, it is. What do you mean?

Rose- Y/n look. You're not only lying to me but yourself too. You need to understand your feelings rather than running away from them.

Y/n- Rose what are you talking about? I'm not getting any of your words.

Rose- Why do you keep on forgetting that I'm your childhood bestie and that I know you more than you know yourself? I know what's bothering you. It's Jimin and his distant behaviour.

Y/n- Wth are you talking about Rose??!! It's nothing like that!! Why would he bother me?

Rose- Really Y/n? Are you still mad at him? Have you still not forgiven him?

Y/n- My forgiveness doesn't even matter now. It's all over now. I was into an obsessive relationship and I'm out of it now. I'm glad that he is trying to change and he's doing great at it. The very first reason for approaching him was that I wanted to help him. I wanted to get him out of that depressing state and take him to a brighter side. It's all done now. He has changed. I've helped him. My work is done. He doesn't need me now.

Rose- Maybe he doesn't need you now but, it's not only about him anymore, but it's also about you. Are you sure that you don't need him?

Y/n- huh?

With that, Rose stands up from the seat and gets out of the canteen while leaving Y/n dumbfounded. Making her confused about her own feelings. Making her rethink her own decisions.

Time Skip

Mr. Hwang- Everyone, line up quickly.

The dance teacher instructs the students and everyone follows it.

Mr. Hwang- So, I have an announcement to make. As you all know that the annual day is approaching so, I have to prepare a dance performance for the same.

The whole class starts cheering at the exciting announcement. Everyone excited to get selected for the performance. Not only because they loved dancing but also because participating in annual function meant an escape from the classes and all-day fun.

Mr. Hwang- Ok class, silence now. So, lemme inform you that this year, we're going to have a salsa dance performance. So, I'll be selecting only one boy and one girl for the same. So first I'll be auditioning for a boy and then for a girl. So all the boys start coming one by one.

All the students sit across the room, leaving space in between as the boys start coming one by one for showcasing their dance. The room was echoing with music and cheers. The teacher calls the boy to a side whose performance was good and when someone performs better than him, he is replaced. The competition keeps on getting more and more intense as only a few boys were left now.