Chapter 48

____________________________________

"I still refuse to believe you did that," Jade berates, drawing her eyes to Kinsey's side profile. The definition in her jawline is oddly attractive, making Jade feel more attracted to the blonde.

"Well believe it, buttercup," Kinsey responds flatly with her chin resting in the palm of her hand. Her eyes affix to the regular-season college football game playing on the television. Her eyes bind to the screen like gorilla glue as if she'll miss a play if she even looks away for a second.

Jade rolls her eyes before squinting at the blonde. "That's what you called me when you still hated me," Jade states sardonically with a dull expression cemented onto her face.

"I never hated you, asshole."

"Right," Jade drags on, sarcasm dripping in her crisp, light voice. "With the way you talk to me, I wonder how I could've come to that conclusion."

Kinsey subtly nods, refusing to repudiate the claim. She did kind of dislike Jade at first, but she didn't hate her. Her initial attraction to Jade didn't allow her to do so. Once she started thinking about what was under Jade's clothes at school, hating her went completely out of the window.

But that's something Kinsey wouldn't admit to Jade. She only disliked Jade at first because of how much she started thinking about her. Kinsey had started to become annoyed with her own thoughts of Jade. Of course, the blonde was too anxious to step up to Jade at first. Feeling that insecure and nervous made Kinsey truly uncomfortable. Jade represented new territory for Kinsey. New scary, unpredictable territory.

Kinsey continues to hold her stare at the television screen with her lips squared and her brows furrowing inwards. Her lips go from a tight-lipped position to a pout, repeatedly. Her unconscious behaviors stand out to the brunette at her side, who is watching her every move, almost fascinated by Kinsey doing absolutely nothing but ignoring her.

With the lack of response, Jade nuzzles further into Kinsey's side as the blonde's left arm wraps protectively around her, holding her shoulders in place. Kinsey's right knee hikes up, supporting the arm that is holding up her chin. The position may appear uncomfortable, but Kinsey savors the pressure of Jade's body against hers. The weight pressed up against her body bears a natural warmth that is more comforting than any throw blanket could bring.

Kinsey shuffles in her position slightly, nudging Jade's body closer into hers. Her eyes don't even glance down at the brunette to convey an inkling as to how much her warmth means to her.

Jade's wide, doe eyes look up hoping to find Kinsey's. She doesn't want to meet the blonde's side profile again. She wants to look into those eyes and melt all over again. Jade pulls her head forward to get a better view of Kinsey's face. Her wide eyes flicker across the blonde's stone features like a puppy hoping to garner its owner's attention.