Chapter 60

____________________________________

"Why did I think this would be a good idea?"

"Because you care about me very, very much."

"Oh, yeah. That's it," Jade breathes heavily as she completes the last two reps of the box jumps. "I swear I haven't moved my body this much since I was three, as in three years old!"

Every word comes out exasperated from Jade's lips as she tries so hard to maintain her breathing rhythm. The brunette is mentally deciding if she should worry about her heart beating this fast.

Kinsey chuckles as a drop of sweat drips down from her faint widow's peak to the surface of her dark eyebrows. "Ay, you're doing pretty good though. Besides, your ass is looking great if I do say so myself." The blonde pulls up the O.K. symbol with her fingers with the cheesiest smile aimed at Jade. She just couldn't help herself.

Jade catches Kinsey's wink in her direction as she jumps backwards off of the shortest cubed box. Her blush from the interaction is dampened by the flush in her face due to the intensity of the workout. Her stray baby hairs wisk away in different directions, framing her small face.

I don't think my heart should be beating this fast.

Jade decided that their first stop of the early morning would be Kinsey's favorite CrossFit gym in the area. Jade remembers the time Kinsey pitifully explained that she had to stop going to this particular gym because she could no longer afford the monthly fees. Once Jade looked into it, she wondered how anyone who didn't have a stable job could afford these fees. Luckily, Jade never uses her allowance for much of anything besides her all-black clothing collection. She decided to book a session with one of the trainer's Kinsey used to work out with during her sophomore year when she was working to be the captain of the football team. Tommy Holden, the owner of Xtreme CrossFit, played with Coach Ronald in high school. Kinsey met the trainer through Coach Ronald. It goes to show how long the offensive coach had been looking out for young blonde.

Jade surely listened to what Kinsey had to say and she most definitely had the money to do this for her. It felt nice to take care of Kinsey for once since it's always felt like Kinsey was always holding her together, especially these days.

"You always say that crap. I swear you have a strange obsession with ass. It just doesn't seem healthy," Jade sighs before mustering up the strength to jump onto the box again. With a huff she elevates herself to the top of the wooden box again.

I fucking despise exercise, but I fucking love the blonde chick over there. Only if I could say that shit out loud.

Kinsey jumps backwards off of a larger, taller version of the cubed wooden box, "No, I'm just obsessed with your ass."

"You sure do know how to make a gal feel special, don't ya?" Jade sarcastically prunes at the dumb-ass compliment. She narrows her eyes as she prepares to jump back off.