Chapter 44

____________________________________

Fucked.

Fucked is exactly how Jade feels.

Her mind plays through the countless memories of Zoé, the girl that didn't want to let her go.

Jade remembers how sweet the fiery redhead had been when they first met at Berkshire Academy, a private school in Jade's old town. The last town she called home before moving to Kingsman Bounty.

The girl who had always rocked the fiery red scarlet locks was the captain of the soccer team at Berkshire.

It seems that Jade has a type.

While Jade was constantly bullied on a daily basis at Berkshire Academy from grade six and on, she found what she thought was the light at the end of the tunnel: Zoé Abrams. The red-headed angel with intoxicating, electric blue eyes was the only person that was decent towards her. She gave Jade the time of day when no one would bother to even glance in her direction unless they were picking on her or hurling insults her way.

With Zoé, Jade found acceptance. Something she never deemed herself worthy of.

As they spent more time together outside of school as a result of a studying program Jade was apart of, the pair grew closer, quickly. Jade was integrated into Zoé's life at an instant, almost too fast. Jade hung out with Zoé's unique, but sketchy group of friends, and also spent several nights at the girl's house when Jade's mother had said something to run the brunette into a panic attack.

Zoé gave her a shoulder to cry on. She was the first person whom Jade had believed in, enough to open up about what happened at home.

Zoé was everything Jade wanted to be: strong, independent, and cold. Her wish to no longer feel had been an antiquated yearning that Jade had carried on for many years. That persona that Zoé had, inspired Jade to further drive a wedge between her and the world... and she would be successful in doing so, certainly since she learned from the best.

Everything was enthralling about Zoé at that time. From the way, the girl loosely tied up her hair to create a cute ponytail with stray strands falling at the nape of her neck to her hooded, almond shape eyes. The button nose she possessed was the part Jade admired about her the most.

Oh, Jade had been so sprung for this girl. A little too sprung...

Unfortunately, Jade wasn't careful about what she had wished for. And that, she blamed herself for.

The thoughts of her history with Zoé squander once a bombastic, high-pitched voice invades her eardrums.

"I stand by cottage-core fashion and you can't change my mind about it," Lucia promulgates, crossing her arms and pouting.