Chapter 51

____________________________________

"I petition for the abolishment of alcohol."

"Quit yapping your trap and knock pack the ibuprofen," Kinsey commands before taking a massive swig of her black coffee from a hot pink mug that says, "Some people just need a High-Five to the face," on it.

Jade's disgust with her girlfriend drinking black coffee with no sugar is put at a standstill as the throbbing in her brain has all of her attention. Nausea makes her head spin in endless circles as the pervasive scent of alcohol on her breathe continues to make her feel dizzy. She would've opted for a quick brush of her teeth and a shower before coming downstairs, but the thought of standing on her feet for that long made her even more nauseous.

I'm never drinking any fucking thing for the rest of my life.

Kinsey side-eyes the brunette hunching over the kitchen bar cloaked in the largest black hoodie she owns. The blonde proceeds to pull back the hoodie from Jade's head to sneakily run her nimble fingers through the brunette's clump of hair.

The sight oddly resembles that of a dog being petted, but Jade doesn't care as the scalp massage gives her some sort of relief from the pounding headache pain.

Jade squeezes her eyes shut, melting into Kinsey's magical fingers playing in her hair.

She really knows how to work her fingers.

Jade remains motionless, hunched over the countertop with her arms folded as she questions all her life decisions up to this point. Concurrently, Kinsey keeps at massaging her beloved girlfriend's scalp while smirking fondly at the girl. Fucking amateur.

Her tender eyes scan the brunette in her entirety. The revelations from earlier this morning make Kinsey's head spin. She wants to act on it, but she finds herself in a stalemate when it comes to Jade. Kinsey never cared for the consequences of her actions until it came to Jade.

Would Jade be angry if she went out to find Zoe and as a result, the girl decided to expose those images? How would Kinsey help Jade then, if it was her fault? Would Jade ever trust her again?

Kinsey sighs deeply as a result of her endless thoughts, getting a side-eye from Jade, who peeks up at the blonde before hiding away in her hoodie again.

"I am genuinely curious, why this party?" Kinsey's eyes casually zone in on the brunette hiding in her cloak.

Jade sluggishly morphs out of her makeshift cocoon like a Transformer to give Kinsey a bold brow raise. "You're kidding?"

Kinsey returns the look with a brazen squint of confusion.

"No, I'm not. I know you don't like to believe this, but not everyone can read your mind. All I know is that you wouldn't just go to a party and get drunk off your ass just because Alex asked you to. If there's one thing that you're consistent in, it's refusing to be social especially when you don't have to. I know you would turn down that party in a heartbeat if it meant being in a space like that."