Chapter 63

____________________________________

"Mel?"

"Ahhh shit!" The long-lost older sibling exclaims as the widest grin takes over her face. "I knew this day would come. So, I'm guessing you two don't need me to cover sex Ed anymore?"

Jade scoffs, trying her best to avoid the heat developing in her face after her sister just walked in on her and her girlfriend post-sex. The brunette shakes her head in shame and disappointment at her older sibling who appeared different, to say the least.

Her familiar chocolate brown locks are chopped down to her shoulders, rocking a new hint of blonde balayage to them. The hair lightens up her soft features, accentuating the youth in her visage.

A ray of sunshine seems to surround Melanie Hill while a contrasting thundercloud surrounds her younger sibling who stares at her in disbelief and utter dismay. Jade's eyes have yet to accept what they are perceiving before them.

"You can't be fucking serious, Mel?" Jade blurts, catching Kinsey off-guard a bit with the weakness in her voice, almost as if she'll burst into tears if something else tips her over the edge.

Melanie's bright expressions dampen as she takes in Jade's visible strife. The older sibling sighs, dropping her shoulders, and says, "Put some clothes on and meet me downstairs. We need to talk."

Her bright face dims immediately dampening her own mood. That is how she chooses to end the short conversation before swiftly turning on her heels to exit the room.

The silence that is left behind is sharp enough to slice through thick skin. Kinsey feels major intrusion on the sibling moment. She doesn't know how to move or what to say so she remains silent, pitifully glancing over at the girl beside her, running her hand through her own frazzled mess of hair.

Kinsey places a gentle hand on the small of Jade's back to rub small circles into the tender skin. The rhythmical motions bring temporary comfort to Jade's muscle tension.

"I guess it's time to have a little tea party with my long-lost sister," Jade chuckles nervously, cracking a smile. A smile that exposes how clueless she is as to how to deal with this. Kinsey knows because she's never seen Jade smile like this before. Everything about it feels fraudulent and tense.

"I mean there's no better way of waking up from a sex-induced coma," Kinsey shrugs, cracking a small smile.

Jade smirks weakly at the blonde wanting so badly to find humor again, especially after it's been taken from her so abruptly by her older sister showing up out of the blue.

"Let's go," Jade says, pecking Kinsey's forehead. The blonde melts at the innocent kiss, staring at Jade as she commences to remove herself from the bed.

Kinsey rolls her eyes, fighting the selfish urge to stay in the bed and get some sleep. No one could resist memory foam, except Kinsey Scott at this very moment.

The Football Player's Girl (girlxgirl)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara