Chapter 7

____________________________________

"What the hell were you doing on the side of the road alone?" Kinsey scolds, breaking the deafening silence of the car.

The only sound is the soft background music playing from the radio. Music that Kinsey was listening to on her way home from practice, before she made the rash decision of stopping on the side of the ride to pick up the odd brunette from school who was virtually a stranger to her.

Jade uncomfortably shifts in her seat as a result of the question that had a very complicated answer.

"Little miss goth is all shy now?"

"I'm not goth," Jade snaps back regaining her confidence.

"She speaks once again," Kinsey says with sarcasm laced in her voice. A smirk slowly creeping onto her face once again.

"I should be the one asking you why you picked up a stranger from the side of the road?"

"We're not so much so strangers anymore. Especially since you like to stalk me. What'd you think of the little show today?" Kinsey smirks proudly after she was sure the brunette would go into a timid frenzy.

Jade tenses in her seat, caught off guard. She can't believe that the blonde knew that she was creepily ogling the couple earlier.

"So... he's your boyfriend?" Jade hesitantly asks, but her undying curiosity outweighed her pride.

Kinsey's smirk fades as she feels the dying energy of the brunette.

"Hell no! We're just fuckbuddies. He only satisfies my temporary needs."

Jade doesn't know why the knot in her stomach immediately begins to unravel itself.

"Oh," Jade whispers out, mostly to herself. For some reason, Jade didn't fancy the idea of Kinsey being with a guy, or someone else in general. She didn't know if she was jealous or just being stubborn, but how could she be jealous when she didn't like girls. She's not gay.

The awkward car ride continues on into the night. The soft background music continues to accompany the soft consistent roaring of the engine.

Both girls sit with stiff-necks feeling uncomfortable. Finally, Kinsey decides to break the chilling ice that separates them. The ice that seems too thick to break through.

"What's with the backpack?" Kinsey glances over, nodding her head at the skull-painted backpack between Jade's legs. "It just screams teenage angst." Kinsey adds in a scornful, mocking tone.

Jade's side eyes the blonde, slightly offended by the scrutiny of her masterpiece. "It's an art piece," Jade says steadily with defensiveness laced in her voice.

"Oh really? Well... I guess the scratch on the side of my car is art too." The blonde continues with her innocent taunting of the brunette.

"Hater," Jade whispers under her breathe, while rolling her eyes. Her arms cross as she stares out the window covered in specks of rain droplets. The snarky comment doesn't slide past Kinsey. A sly smirk covers her face as she shifts in her seat.

_________

"Is this the house?" Kinsey's modulated voice breaks the silent barrier that isolates them once again.

"Yeah." Jade clicks the bright red button, releasing the seatbelt from around her, allowing the sound of the retraction to fill the deafening silence of the car. She motions towards the backpack that sat in between her legs on the soft charcoal car floor mat.

"Wait." A frigid grip halts her motions. The coldness of the soft hand that wraps around her small wrist contrasts the prompt heat that consumes her body. The contact ignites something within her that causes her heart to standstill its operations. The brunette whips around to face the blonde, trying to find the cause of this unexpected action. Sadly, she's unable to continue with her investigation as she gets lost in those same captivating icy blue eyes.

Kinsey's mind is currently going haywire. She does not understand what would compel her to do something so unexpected of her, but she just doesn't want the brunette to leave. Not yet.

She observes the unfeigned confusion on the brunette's face and can't help but admit to herself how cute she looks when her eyebrows knit, forming gentle wrinkles in between her chestnut brown eyes.

The golden shade of the street light reflects against the back window of the running vehicle, perfectly highlighting the brunette's sweet caramel skin. To Kinsey, it looks as if the female is glowing. The pigmentation of Jade's naturally plump pink truffle lips stands out in this makeshift spotlight.

Kinsey's eyes become glued onto Jade's lips. Her mind is telling her not to do what she is thinking of doing, but her body tells her the opposite, while it longs to be closer to this enthralling individual. She wants to be close to her.

The working engine along with the gentle droplets of rain serve as background noise in such a dramatic moment.

The blonde and the brunette finally encounter each other's eyes. They both hold blank expressions on their faces as they stare intensely at one another.

Finally, Kinsey slowly falters to her temptation as she inches towards the unexpecting brunette. Her hand loosens its grip around Jade's wrist and travels up to her cheek, cupping it as if she was holding something so fragile. Something she was afraid of harming.

Sirens go off in Kinsey's mind, but she ignores them because all that matters is what she wants in this moment: and that is to kiss the atypical 'goth' brunette.

Jade, on the other hand, does not resist Kinsey's advance. She allows herself to melt indefinitely into the moment with no care of anyone watching. Her intoxication resides in the attractive blonde that sits before her.

Their lips smash onto one another, kindling a spark that sends tingling sensations throughout their bodies. It is electrifying. Jade's plump lips drive Kinsey over the edge. The blonde's hand grips harshly at the back of the brunette's neck, pulling them closer together, deepening the kiss.

Jade's hands reside on the middle console that physically separates them, in order to stabilize herself as she welcomes the dominating lips of the dirty blonde. She lets Kinsey take control as their lips move synchronously with one another, as if they've done this plenty of times before.

The euphoria of the kiss lasts, for what seems like minutes, until blinding L.E.D. lights flash through the back window of Kinsey's vehicle.

The instinctual reaction is the same for the both of them. The kiss abruptly comes to a disappointing end as they push away from one another, feeling like they are caught red-handed.

The two girls go back to their respective seats and sit in awkward silence, for the third time this night. Their chests heave up and down as they await the guilty verdict from whoever caught them.

________<~>________

A/N: Hey guys! I'm sooooooooooooo sorry I've been slacking for longer than I expected. School has been crazy, but I'm glad I was able to push out this chapter for you guys. Please let me know what you think and don't forget to vote and comment. I appreciate all who take their time to read this book. ❤️

Also...they just kissed! I was blushing like a loser when I wrote this. I LOVE this duo.

Who do you think caught them? Melanie? Jade's mom?

The Football Player's Girl (girlxgirl)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara