Chapter 2

____________________________________

Lights seep through the transparent windows of the large mansion-like estate. Jade stares in disbelief at the house as her sister finds a quaint makeshift parking spot on the only patch of grass left.

Various cars are parked in a disorderly manner, littering the front yard of the home. The music from the inside of the house vibrates through the walls, giving Jade and Melanie the ability to physically feel the intensity of the music blasting.

"How do you know this person?" Jade asks, slightly tensing up. Her social anxiety was activated. It has been something she struggled with throughout the entirety of her life. In the midst of large crowds, she gets a feeling of constriction, or what many may call, a bad case of claustrophobia. Her breathing slows down and she feels like she is unable to respirate. The only things that aid in the prevention of such attacks, is the comfort of being around familiar people. A party full of unfamiliar faces was not helping.

Her sister being there for her everywhere she went was such a big part of Jade being able to repress this extreme case of agoraphobia.

"I don't." This candid response from Melanie earns her a bewildered stare from her little sister. Melanie faces the large house, but she can sense the look on Jade's face through her peripheral view. It's a look that she has gotten used to. "It's all about connections, Jade," Melanie finishes, cockily.

"I could care less about your connections. I wanna go home," Jade declares with a pout forming on her soft tan skin. She crosses her arms adding to her resoluteness.

"You're not going home. You need to have fun Jade." Melanie sings while harmlessly gripping the younger's upper arm. "Jade you need to make friends. I'm not always gonna be there for you." Melanie states sincerely.

"So you want me to make friends with a bunch of irresponsible and reckless teenagers, instead?" Jade questions, raising her eyebrow to challenge her sister's point.

"Yes?" Melanie replies quizzically, unsure if that's exactly what she meant. "Just get your ass out of the car before I physically pull you out this time." Melanie turns her back to Jade and makes her way out of the vehicle. Jade rolls her eyes once more, before obliging to her sister's command.

"You know if you keep rolling your eyes like that, they'll get stuck," Melanie states bitterly as pulls the keys out of the ignition.

"If that's the case, then your ass should be cross-eyed by now," Jade combats, knowing that her sister is the primary source of this passed down habit.

Jade hops out of the Jeep, begrudgingly. She decides to leave her book in the car because she doesn't know what will go on in this house full of hormonal human beings.

Once Melanie opens the front door, mayhem is all Jade sees as she stands behind her sister. Over to her right, there is a boy with a ski mask on, riding down the beige carpeted stairs with an electric-blue mini-surfboard. On her left, there is a girl doing a keg stand, with what seems like her friends, struggling to keep her inverted. Directly behind the girl attempting a keg stand, there are a couple of individuals just making out with signature Solo red cups glued to their hands.