Prologue

____________________________________

"Last but most certainly not least, let's give a warm welcome to star receiver, Kinsey Scott!" The announcer declares with such passion and fire.

The smell of the freshly-cut grass invades the nostrils of Kinsey Scott as she steps out onto the colosseum-sized field. The L.E.D. lights illuminate the freshly marked grass and the effervescent cheers of the crowd further consume the smaller high school stadium.

She takes a few steps forward, her black-neon cleats momentarily clinking against the grey pavement before she reaches the forest green grass. The grass crunches beneath each dominating stride. Her even strides eventually transform into a paced jog as the crowd's cheers strengthen. Seeming as if her presence alone served as a stimulus for their escalating excitement.

She waves at the masses, reciprocating their energy in order to feed their building anticipation.

The team's metallic silver jerseys stand out tremendously against the blinding field lights that litter the field. Their matching helmets exemplify  the gladiators that represent their school, Kingsman Bounty High.

The shorter female meets up with the rest of her team that surrounds the two steel benches. The teenage boys full of adrenaline and testosterone, welcome the female with hollers and cheers as she obstructs the secure massive huddle they previously had formed.

"Wooo!" One teammate coarsely growls once Kinsey makes her way to the circle.

"Let's get it Kinsey!" Another deep, guttural voice hollers behind.

The overall positive energy seems to be intoxicating, as well as addicting. The entire stadium joins in on the uniform cries, but the anomaly that could be spotted in this united effort is the opposing team and their blood red uniforms.

The Jackson City Titans.

They stand on the opposite side of the field carrying a multitude of dissatisfied looks. Completely unmoved by this entire ordeal, their intimidating glares continue in the direction of their foes.

The gladiators, completely oblivious, tone down their chants and transform into game mode. Their mouth guards slip into their mouths and their jaws clench around those solid pieces of plastic. The only person without a mouth guard in, is the one and only female on the team, Kinsey Scott. She stands tall, unintimidated by the huddle of boys that made her 5'8 height seem like nothing. They all stare intently at the female with a high level of esteem.

"Alright boys, get your shit together and mow their fucking asses into the dirt! We're going to win this shit, so get your head out of your dicks and into the game!" She screams at full range asserting her dominance over this group of twenty-eight males.