xiv

She was still unconscious when he arrived.

"Hasn't he arrived yet" he asked peering at her face.

"No Sir, but I have gave him a call"

"He never listen, dose he?" He gritted His teeth asking no one in particular.

"For once in his life why won't he do something right...... Something good" by now he was frustrated facing the men in black.

They stood completely stoic, with no emotion and it seems they didn't have an answer to kawu lawan or they don't want to answer at all.

The door clicked open and his domineering profile walked in making the men stand more erect and his uncle facing him with a glare which he did not miss but didn't bother either.

"Is she awake" he asked no one in particular.

"No boss" one of the men answered.

"She shouldn't wake up then" he told kamal.

"Bring him in" he motioned to one of them.

Some say he's part of the underground stuff, the mafia , a drug lord, but that's all cock and bull stories, he's just a man of grace and power and that instilled fear in the heart of men for he is, Za'afar hamza wakili.

A conscious Ummaru was brought in by two buff men and he was quickly sat and tied to the empty chair.

Za'afar beckons his uncle to start, he then proceed to the other room where he can see and hear everything without being seen as he allows he's uncle to do the dirty job.

He stand before the tinted glass as he observe the notion between the two men.

The mini sack was taken off his head as he tried to adjust to the light.

He took in his surroundings, and the people but his eyes was fixated on a limp figure sitting on the chair like him.

She was still unconscious, but what brothers him the most was why was she here, moreover what's he doing here too......there are so many whys.

"What am I doing here, what's going on" ummaru asked before lawan could open his mouth.

"Why are you so impatient" lawan asked irritated.

"Impatient?!!! You kidnapped me and.......

"If we were to kidnap you it could've been worse, your face would've been battered by now"

"Just......why am here" he asked annoyed.

"We ask you a question and you're going to answer, honestly" lawan replied getting annoyed.

Ummaru gave a humorous laugh

"What if I refused"

Lawan smiled mischievously as he glanced at Maryam.

"She pays the price"

"Are you threatening me?"

"I can put a bullet right through your head for all I care, you useless piece of shit" he gritted "Now....you will face that camera and tell me the truth, you will confess your crime about how you kill my brother and you won't dare say a lie, or she dies" he pointed the gun to the only girl there.

Malam ummaru smiled ruefully

"I knew this day will come, but believe it or not, I didn't kill your brother....., and she.... "he motioned to maryam "don't have to be dragged here to let me confess...you don't even have to go through all this to get the truth from me, you could've act civil and just ask away without.....