xxiv

Lawan was delighted and so was he's wife Asiya, for their sons are coming back today.

As they wait for their arrival , Asiya decide to had a talk with lawan.

"Uhm, sweetheart how is it going with you and za'afar" she plastered a smile

"How is that your business" he replied

Guess the endearment didn't work at all.

"But, the project you're working on.....

"There is no project again" he cut her off.

"You've work all your energy on this, although I don't know what it is exactly......it shouldn't waste all of a sudden maybe you should try to talk to him" she tried reasoning with him, but the tough head wasn't having it.

"Do you think I didn't try" he glared "I all but walk to his office but he disgraced and rejected my apology, how else do you want me to do it......or should I bend down and kiss his feet before he agrees" he retorted.

"Why are you so angry these days" she gave him a confused look.

"Because your oh so sweet nephew is driving me extremely mad" he shouted making her flinch.

"He's your nephew too" she replied "and maybe if you're a bit nicer he will listen to you, I bet you shouted just like now, that's why"

"So dense as always" he shook his head referring to her "you don't like seeing his faults, or you pay a blind eye to it......it was just yesterday that you knew about his marriage, but you're not even angry to say the least"

"I was mad, but what can I do, it's already done" she exclaimed.

"But at least you could show it, you just pretend everything is OK!"

"He lost his mother at a tender age, can't you consider that"

"So you're playing the role of his mother then, I thought she entrust him to you, but you did barely minimum" he replied.

"You don't need to rub salt to my wounds, I know I didn't do it right...... I was young" she replied becoming agitated.

"Then stop trying to tame him now" he gritted.

"Am not!" She defended "I was only trying to do what I didn't ages ago" tears were already filling her eyes.

"Stop trying, it's already too late" he shouted "you've failed your sister learn to live with it" he barked.

She flinched at his harsh words, this was someone that suppose to pick her up when she falls, to reassure her when she lost hope, to be with her through it all but he's failing woefully at that.

She gave him a pained look, and he didn't seem faze, he didn't regret his words as he watch her intently.

The door distract their staring contest, and it was their two boys.

"Assalamu alaikum" they chorused.

The duo parents tried to smile after the heated argument.

"Oh God!" Asiya cry out "I missed you two" she hugged them tightly.

"Missed you too" they hugged back

"Finally, you two are home,it's all over" lawan replied hugging his sons proudly.

"Glad to be home" Ridwan beams.

"Yeah" Rasheed replied but it didn't quite reach his eyes.

"You guys must be tired, why don't you go freshen up as I set the dinner table" asiya replied.