xxiii

We were back after a crucial evening with the wakilis.

Today was the day za'afar introduced me to some of his relatives as hajja had ordered.

And believe me the tension was suffocating, he was his usual grumpy and broody self and I save my self the consequence of opening my mouth.

Some of them were nice, some don't seem to care and some flat out rejected me, with their manners I ought to say am not likeable to them.

And some went to the extent of asking why the marriage was a secret, but as we all know it his answer was a clip, short, rude sentence but with a pretence of niceness.

I thought the bandaging incident we shared have gotten us to a step forward, but seems not.

But I was close to getting myself into trouble, because I wanted to request going home as some days back I gave khadija a call through anti hafsah's phone which was back from the repairs, and she told me baba was back.... how did he get back? Nobody knows, he just walk in like he walked out in the first place.

It still bugs me why he was kidnapped , since they didn't ask for any ransom.

I tiredly made my way upstairs and he proceed to his room, still without a single word.

I showered, prayed and change into some comfy clothes before descending down to look for anti hafsah.

And am not surprised to find her in the sitting room watching her new found favourite series.

"Anti hafsah" I called.

"Oh, maryam when did you arrived" she asked her eyes flitting to me for a only a second.

"A while later" I replied.

"OK" was her short reply

Seeing her so engrossed I decide to save my gist for later.

It took some twenty minutes before anti hafsah gave me her full attention.

"So how was it dear" she asked smiling.

"It was good I think, normal" I shrugged

"Elaborate please"

I sigh

"Well, people will be people, some don't like me but some do and the others don't care"

"Yeah, peoples will always be people" she agreed with me.

"And don't you worry dear, because I can assure you, those who don't like you are just jealous" she smirked

"Jealous, of who" I asked very confused.

"Jealous of you because of Your husband off course" she replied like it's obvious.

Yeah, it's kind of obvious.

"You should see how handsome he was,an eye candy for all the girls" she smiled.

"Was?" i asked.

"Not quite the eye candy now.....you know...." She hesitated "the scar" she motioned to her face.

"He still is" I replied a little defensive.

Anti hafsah gave me a look, probably noticing my tone and nod slowly.

"OK" she drawled.

An awkward silence befall us and we were quite for like two minutes.

"Have you eaten" I asked.

"Nope, you hungry?" She asked.

"Yes, a little bit"

"OK" she stood up "maybe he will want some too"