xxv

He's a man of little to no words, he preferred to keep the dark menacing look which raptures fear in the heart of men.

One look at his scarred face and you will want to run for the hills, the long scar didn't make him ugly but it did enough to incapacitated his beauty and he didn't like it one bit.

He did like the attention back when he was just him, the fame, the girls, it was all fun, not until the death of his father......which left him hollow with a single goal.....hunger for power, and he did find it, but it just wasn't enough.

He's heart was stone cold filled with nothing but malice and hatred, nowadays it's so hard to be happy, even with hajja, she was his only weakness, and he wish she wasn't, which will be a lot easier to worry less.

She was the only mother figure he look up to, no one did take care of him after the passing of his mother but her.

As he arranged his things he gave one last glance to his office before heading out.

The matter regarding the will was finalised by the attorney, what's left was to divorce that stupid girl.

With a thrill of his upcoming agenda, he couldn't wait to see the look on her face.

On reaching home, much to his dismay, hajja's car was parked in the garage, but that won't stop him anyway, nothing can stop him from divorcing that girl.

As usual hajja's wide smile could be sighted the moment she noticed her grandson.

"I was beginning to think, you're sleeping at the office, look at the hour for God sake" she scold hugging him.

"It's only 9 pm" he hugged her back.

"Like you didn't have a wife at home" she mumbled

His stoic expression was back at the mention of her.

Like she heard her name being mentioned, maryam strolled to the living room with a full blown smile, which was meant to welcome him, but he gave her a hard glare.

She didn't seem to mind as she made a move for his briefcase.

"Don't" he moved it away.

"Never mind him dear, he's just grumpy after a long day" hajja gave a tight lip smile to maryam,glaring at him all the while.

He cleared his throat ignoring whatever hajja's message was.

"Excuse me" he left the sitting room only to halt halfway

What better time than to do it right now, he thought

"Maryam"

This was the first time he's calling her name, she felt a chill from her head to her toes, and she couldn't deny that it sound better coming from him.

"Ye....yes" she groaned, of all times this was the time she has to stutter.

"Come" it was a command and she followed him like a lost puppy.

They got to his study and she followed.

"Close the door"

She did as told and turn to face him.

What could happen now, she thought swallowing hard.

The thumping of her chest was loud enough for her to hear, and she prays he's not that attentive.

He took a paper and a pen from the study table, scribbling some words, he hand it to her.

If anything the thumping increases.