xxxvi

Dear son

Zafarullah, victory of God, is a name your mother chose for you, and indeed it suits you, because you always emerge victorious in your affairs, and for that am grateful.

I know by the time you get this letter, I might or might not be dead, either way, I know they are coming for me, and not to worry my dear boy, maybe I did deserve it.

Am proud of the man you're becoming, work wise, but in life, you have mistaken my dear boy, looking at you is like a reflection of myself, I was proud you followed in my footsteps, a hard headed arrogant kid that lacks humility, you were bold and confident even as a boy, I was proud, but fail to see the man you're becoming.

Son, please don't be like me, that girl you get married to, I know you will, you never go against my will, please treat her right, you may not love her, and that's OK, I know and have faith that it will all worked out in the end.

This is a dead man's wish, don't make the mistake I did with your mother, please don't be like me zafar, instead be like Azra and I promise Allah won't let you down.

This is 0a dead man's wish, don't bother to dig too deep into my murder, I have created so many enemies to myself, and I can feel it, it's payback time my dear boy.

This is a dead man's, be polite, be kind just like your mother, am repeating it for a reason son, drop all those weapons and perhaps you may find longlasting peace and happiness.

This is a dead man's wish, please do as he wishes

Sincerly
Father.

Zafar fold the crisp paper keeping it on the desk.

Father is asking for too much, he thought.

And about the murder part, maybe a bit too late.

He can't picture himself having anything as little to a smile for that girl.

Be like your mother he said, well he didn't know anything of her.

His phone vibrates and he watched it for a couple of minutes before picking.

"Hello"

"Hey zafar"

It was uzair

"You got a letter?"

"Yeah I did" he replied looking at the piece of paper.

"I did too" He's voice was heavy.

It was silent for a bit neither of them willing to talk but they share a common grief, loss of a loved one.

"So I heard" uzair spoke

"Heard what?"

"It was kasim's case you were working on"

He can only grunt.

"And am surprised to not know any of it, he's my father too zafar, and also, that's why you got married to Maryam becauseyou thought her father did it"

"Ok"

"Ok?, is that what you're going to say?"

"Zafar we're brother's" he sound pained