xxx

Standing by the balcony, he thought of the past couple of days.

His mother's sisters have been calling but he didn't dare pick any, even his grandfather made an effort by sending tons of messages of which he replied none.

Where did they even got his number, he thought, maybe from aunty Asiya, but that's not the case as of now, it bothers him that he had to make a choice now, whether to divorce her of not.

And off course divorcing her will be heartwarming, but by doing that in a way he felt like his father.

He was shocked by the revelation, he was angry that his dad could stoop so low and did that to his mother, but then again he's doing the same.

It's like history repeating itself, like father like son indeed.

Divorcing her felt like betraying his mother, and if she was here thought he knew not much of her, he was sure she wouldn't like that.

It's been a week and he still hasn't confront hajja about his decision.

He's torn between the distasteful desires of his heart and failing his mother.

A soft knock to his door brought him out of his reverie.

"Come in" he answered.

"What do you want?" He asked without paying heed to the intruder.

"I brought you dinner" he heard her meek voice.

"Keep it there" as strong headed he may seem he still need to eat.

Maryam smiled and kept the food on the center table.

"Hajja will want to speak with you when you're done"

"OK" he mentally sighed.

"And....

"And what?" He barked turning to her.

There's only little he can tolerate of her and she wants to vet on his nerves.

She gulped as he stared down at her.

"No...nothing, I just wanted to ask how's your hand" she gestured

"Fine" he grumbled annoyed flicking the now healing hand from glass cups he kept popping days ago

"OK, if you need anything......

".....I call you OK, I get it" he barked "why can't you just let me be, I kept pushing you away and all you did is keep coming back, don't you have a heart" he busted

"I do have a heart" she smiled unaffected by his yelling.

"It seems kare ya cinye, you don't, because if you do we wouldn't be here"

"I.....

"No!" He barked "you listen to me, this is all your fault, we wouldn't be here if you would've been gone the first time for good, I insulted you, I hated you, I deprive you of every happiness but you still choose to stay......if it weren't for you I wouldn't be stuck thinking of whether to divorce you or not" he yelled in a breath.

You could see the heavy breathing of his chest, eyes with pure anger.

Maryam want nothing more than to burst into tears, he's right with all he's been doing to her she still stick around like the unwanted gum on a slipper, and this is her choice, but then why would he bee stuck....a little hope bloom in her chest, could it be.....

"Why were you stuck between the two options?" She wanted to know.

He pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration, she continued.