xv

His hands were aching against the railing, for they couldn't withstand the hard grip to the metal.

He was beyond furious, he hold tighter the railing as hot anger surged through his being.

After all those years, the planning, the revenge plots, those restless nights where all in vain, he was so close to taste the sweetness of vengeance, so close to achieve his goal, to put his restless heart at a repose, but he has loose it all now.

No doubt, ummaru's story seems better than his, he lured za'afar into thinking it was really ummaru but he also has his doubts on him.

The agony za'afar was in closed any rational thoughts, and in his pain and grief he believed kawu lawan's story, without further investigation, because he will like to believe his uncle was telling the truth because they both have one thing in common, his father.

Lawan knew he couldn't play the dirty game alone and his arrogant of a nephew won't help him either, and so he emphasized and make clear of the murder done by ummaru, and with a few loopholes he formed a rational story out of it.

Lawan would want ummaru to suffer battered like he did, if not more than.

And now he's loosing the game, he knows he has to do something, and fast.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

He threw the last punch, placing his sweaty forehead on the punching bag, he was beyond furious.

He felt betrayed, fooled, played with , but it was his fault, he knew, he should have look further beyond the silly camera, but his father's loss blinded him from it all.

"Arrggghhh" he roared in anger punching the bag which caused it swinging.

His labelled breathing could be heard through the empty gym.

He raised his bleeding knuckles and swipe away the dripping sweat.

He is za'afar Hamza wakili and everything has to go just the way he planned.

With that in mind he head out to take a shower to soothe his nerves.

He need to speak to ummaru, and him alone, he thought as he threw on a simple black tee with dark jeans.

He made his way downstairs with a zeal of knowing more, because he believed there is something ummaru omitted from his words.

Za'afar didn't see her coming and thus it happened within a blink of an eye.

Maryam held a now empty cup of black coffee with wide frightened eyes.

She slowly and carefully raised her head to look at his glaring orbs filled with disgust, hate and anger, looking back at his stained shirt, she try to form words but nothing came out, she just kept opening and closing her mouth like a gaping fish.

"Can't you for once in your life not act stupid" he roared causing her to flinch.

".....am.....am....so

"Shut it idiot" he screamed

"I was bringing you coffee" she stammered all the while facing down

"Did I ask for a coffee" she shook her head "why won't you just leave me alone" he shouted "I don't need you, I never want you here, you're a complete nuisance to my life that I want to get rid of and trust me you don't want to know how......I really hate you" he glared, saying the last words with so much venom "get out from my sight before you regret it"

Maryam scurried away with shaking hands and she head to the kitchen.

"How did he....." Hafsah started with a smile but soon frown when she saw her trembling state.