ix

The imam's voice could be heard as their house wasn't so far from the mosque, at exactly 11 am she will be betrothed to a man she knows little about.

For once she sat at the lavish household of their father,but she wasn't the least thrilled about it because the situation holds no room for that.

She sat quietly thinking of what was to become of her new life.

The house was filled with chatters here and there, for that is what was supposed of a wedding.

Surprisingly few of their maternal families arrived which their mother was very glad for, her married sisters were also present with the exception of yaya Fatima, who couldn't make it.

Today is the yinin biki, after which the bride will be taken to her husband's house.

Her sister's wedding which has been fixed together with hers, has been postponed due to some reasons from the husband's side.

It's a bit suspicious that they only postponed it to tomorrow, Sunday, and there was no invitation, no kayan lefe, in fact no one knows her sister, maryam is getting married, is like they wanted it to be kept a secret.

Rahama was brought out from her reverie when she heard her name.

"It is time"

It was her father's sister, Mama Dije.

With a heavy heart she slowly dropped her jet lagged legs and put on her shoes.

The older woman scrunch her nose in distaste at the behaviour of the new bride.

"You're lucky you've gotten a husband,and a rich man also, ga kanwar ki nan har Yanzu taki yin auren"

Rahama paid no heed to her words because she didn't have the strength and time to do so.

She was then dragged to her father, where he falsely showed concern and advice her on her marital home which goes with a warning that she dare comes back to his house again as a widow, for better or for worse, she remain at her husband's house.

She wasn't allowed a proper goodbye with her mother and sisters.

And that was how she was ushered into the luxurious ride waiting for her.

It started with a drop, and then lots of them, as she weep for her mother, her sisters, her new home, her new life and her destiny

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Maryam's POV

Am supposed to get married today, but I don't feel like a bride at all.

My nerves are all over the place, am scared and helpless, getting married secretly is one thing, but not knowing his identity at all was what kept me up all night.

What if he's some gangster, a thief, an old man, a disabled , it's all too much, I have no choice but to keep praying.

I have pack my clothes the night before, not that I have lots of them.

There was no lefe, no invitation, nothing, it consist of the imam, his waliyy and mine.

A knock was at the door, and khadija peeked her head through.

"He's here" she said with her swollen eyes on the floor.

She inhaled a deep breath and look at me as a tear escaped her left eye, having all her sisters gone at the same time wasn't easy.

I nodded and picked my bag and head towards the door.

Mama was at the compound with a grim expression as I hug her goodbye, I can see she's trying really hard not to cry, khadija soon join us in our somber party.