xxvi

The trip was a bluff mostly because she slept through it.

She has never been out of Nigeria but now she's been on a whole trip to another country, a trip she will rather have elsewhere.

Nothing was said between the two only that he has returned her as his wife.

He was gentlemanly enough to carry their luggage, which she detest at first because she was still angry, and he didn't seem to care.

After first settling in a hotel, were he select different rooms for both of them, they drive to the suburban part of the city which was an hour drive.

As per the address they were given they now stood in front of a bungalow house with a small fencing threshold.

She was back to being his wife given that he divorce her once, guess he's sensible enough, she thought.

She followed him as they reach the front door and he rang the door bell.

It was not answered and he rang again, and again

Impatient man, she rolled her eyes.

"This better be good" he mumbled.

"coming" a whine came from the other side.

His hand halt half way probably for another ring.

The door swung open revealing a young girl of maryam's age, she gave them a quizzical look.

"Assalamu alaikum"

"Wa alaikum assalamu" she answered za'afar's salam "may I help you?"

"Am looking for Emir moustafa"

The girl hesitate a bit.

"I......

"Who's there El" the girl turn to the older version of her.

"I don't know mum, but they're looking for grandpa"

"Grandpa?" the woman walk to the door giving the newfound strangers a look "ok come in" she smiled opening the door wider.

They made there way in and she motioned them to the chairs.

"Bring them some tea Elnara"

The woman look intently at za'afar that she made him clear his throat.

"Sorry" she smiled sheepishly "it's just that you look familiar" she voiced her thoughts.

"I don't think so" he gruffly answered

Elnara was back with two cups of tea as she serve them

"Thank you" maryam manage to utter

"Go get your grandpa will you"?

The girl nodded and disappeared to what look like a corridor leaving the three in an awkward silence.

"Mind giving me a minute" the woman excused herself and the duo were left in silence.

The previous girl was back and it seems she is accompanied by some people as they here voices.

"Am not some unable child, quit treating me like one" a whine could be heard.

"I didn't say you're one, I was just trying to help" a woman's voice uttered.

"Then don't, I didn't ask for it" the owner of the voice came up and it was a wrinkled old man with a walking stick.

Moving with slight difficulty.

"Please just......

He snatched away his hand as the woman tried to take it.