xxxi

Her actions were quick and sleek as she ever so quietly attach the bomb under the car.

She is an expert in what she does, no loop holes whatsoever, always perfectly done.

"Hey pipsqueak" she answered into the earplug

"H....hi laila" she mumbled.

"OK, here's the deal, I have done my part and now it's your turn" she replied.

"OK" she sigh

"I hope you know exactly what you're going to do" she asked jumping the fence.

"Yes, I know laila" she rolled her eyes.

"Do not disappoint me Rabi'a" she seethed walking down the street.

"I won't"

"Just give me a call the moment they made it to the car, and I will press the button, the bomb will go off, end of discussion, easy peasy"

"You've told me countless times and yes I get it OK" she reply irritated.

"Don't you dare use that tone on me girl" she gritted "am just making sure you get it, because one wrong move can be the cost of your sisters life, and you know I could do it"

"Are you threatening me?" Rabi'a was upset now, after all she has put her through, she has the guts to threaten her sister's life.

"Let's say I am, what're you gonna do about it" she smirked.

Rabi'a swallowed, nothing, she literally can't do anything about it.

"You've done your part and I will do mine......just don't get my sister into this" she replied her resolve breaking.

"Whatever" and she cut the call.

"Rabi'a could you please help me with this"

Startled she turned facing Maryam carrying two duffel bags.

"Sure" she stammered with a nervous smile taking a bag from her as she dealt with the other one.

"What's happening.... Where are you going" Rabi'a asked eyeing the bags.

"We're leaving" maryam gave her a tight lip smile.

"Already" so soon, rabi'a thought, am not ready yet.

"Are you OK" maryam asked seeing rabi'a's pale face.

"Am...am fine" she swallowed "I just don't want you to go yet" she tried smiling.

True, in these couple of days, they've gone along with maryam well.

"It's alright, you can always come visit" maryam smiled, hiding the fact that, it won't be her home for much longer.

"OK....yeah"

"Let's go" they all stiffened hearing his monotone voice.

She didn't need to be told twice as she followed him.

Nor did hajiya sa'adatu or her kids bid them farewell.

But before they made it to the door, a frantic Uzair beat them to it.

"Where are you going" he asked confused eyeing the three of them.

When no one seem to answer him Rabi'a did.

"They're going home"

"Home, this soon?" .

"Yeah, the last time I checked this isn't my house" Za'afar answered his hand on the door handle.

"I....

Uzair looked at Maryam, unable to fathom a word, he wished he could have an alone time with her, because to say he was shocked will be an understatement as he recall khadija's revelation.