Chapter 28

I wake up to a pounding headache

I wake up to a pounding headache. I sit up in the empty bed and close my eyes to block out the brightness. I groan and lay back down pulling the blanket over my face.

"Morning." I can feel hardin sit down on the bed next to me. I dont say anything or move. He pulls the blanket of my face and looks at me.

"Its too bright." I squint up at him. He lays down pulling the blanket over both of us so we are bith in the dark.

"How you feeling?" I can see the one side of his face from the gap in the blanket letting a ray of light in.

"Like shit." I yawn covering my mouth blocking the smell of alcohol

"I'll grab you some water and paracetamol." He quickly pecks me before slidding out from under the blanket leaving me in the comfort of the bed. I definitely should have not drank that much last night. Im blaming Kim. I always end up drunk when going out with her. A lot more drunk than I was planning on getting. I run through the events of last night in my head a faint smirk playing on my lips.

"Here" he pulls the curtains shut and hands me a glass of water with 2 tablets. I sit up again holding my head with my free hand.

"Thats what too many shots will do to you." I do not need him lecturing me right now. I know exactly what alcohol does to you. I just roll my eyes and sip on the water.

"Are you sore?" He eyes me up and down reminding me of last night.

"No im alright actually." I clear my throat

"Can I ask you something about last night?" My memory is slightly tainted. I know what happened but there's a few details I cant remember. Important details.

"Sure. What is it?" I put my water back down on the side and get up off the bed to change.

"Um... did you use... you know...protection last night?" Im half naked now changing into my jeans hardins eyes on me at all times. He thinks about it for a second.

"No" he answers simply. I stand up straight at his answer.

"You didnt? Why wouldn't you?" I can feel myself getting worked up now.

"Because you cant... you know" I cant believe those words just left his mouth.

"Are you fucking kidding me" I pull my hoodie over my head aggressively and turn to him "so what you just thought because the likely hood of me conceiving a child is slim you wouldn't bother!" My voice slightly raising as I process his shit reason.

"I-"

"You what. What if I was to get pregnant now.i don't think you understand how traumatised I still am from the first misscarriage. Going through that changed my perspective on pregnancy completely. I dont ever want to go through that again so why would you do that!" He doesnt say anything for a few seconds.