Chapter 7

We arrive at the airport go through security and get ready to board the plane

We arrive at the airport go through security and get ready to board the plane. "Tickets please" We hand the lady our tickets and her whole demeanour changes. "Good evening Mister and Mrs Scott its lovely to meet you both. follow me this way to your seats." Mr and Mrs Scott.I don't know how i feel about that. "Oh my god" Tessa looks back at me with eyes wide. This is very fancy. A glass of champagne is placed into our hands and the lady takes our carry ons and puts them above us. "Make your self comfortable and press this button if you need anything. Take off will be in 15 minutes." Wow.

Tessa and i sit in our seats and get ready for take off. "This is insane" She says and points to the TV screen on the seat in front of us. Tessa spends the next 10 minutes clicking every button she can find to see what it does. The lady walks us through the safety measures and we turn onto the runway. "You ready?" I ask tessa. She has her eyes closed and reaches for my hand. She holds on tight and i tell her to open her eyes and look out the window. Its dark out now but i know once we are in the air all the lights from the buildings looks amazing. We speed up and before we know it we are in the air. Tessa ends up staring out the window for the first 30 minutes looking at Washington from the sky. "Do you wanna watch a movie?" I ask her. We have a long flight ahead so i don't want her to get bored 30 minutes into the flight when we still have another 12 and a half hours ahead. "Ye sure." She grabs a pack of wipes from her bag and cleans the screen and everything around us. "Really?" I raise my eyebrows at her. "What. Do you know how many people have touched these screens without washing there hands." She exclaims. I roll my eyes and pick a film to watch. I end up deciding on watching 6 underground. I've heard good things so hopefully its good. Tessas still sitting there staring out the window. I smile at the joy she finds in looling at Washington from above. I know shes thinking way deeper than that though. "What are you thinking about?" I ask her. "Just thinking about how everyone looks like ants from up here but everyone has such a different life. There's so many people in the world and you have absolutely no idea whats gone on in their life." I knew it. She goes so deep into thought about things.

Around 3 hours later I've watched almost 2 films and Tessa's in the middle of watching The notebook for the thousandth time. "Are you hungry?" Im starving. "Ye. Ring the bell" she says. "Its not a bell." I annoy her. "You know what I mean." She rolls her eyes at me. I press the button and the flight attendant makes her way over to us. "Hi can we order some food." I ask. "Please" tessa buts in. "Of course let me grab a menu." There's a menu.of course there's a menu. This plane is basically a flying hotel. Me and tessa order some food and it doesn't look too bad. Apparently this plane serves 3 course meals.

5 hours after that...

I look over at tessa and shes still wide awake. "Hey do you wanna get some sleep soon. We are gonna be tired otherwise." We are probably going to be jetlagged anyway but i don't want to spend our first day sleeping. "Ye i will. Can you do a face mask with me." She says. Fuck no. "You already know my answer." She knows full well that I will not put a face mask on. "Pleeeeeasse." She whines. I shake my head. "How about I make you a deal. I promise to do whatever you want for an hour anytime during our time there if you put a face mask on with me now" she must wamt me to do this very badly. "Whatever I want for an hour." Im just checking.She thinks about her offer for a second. "Yes. As long as its not while we are out in public around people." Whats the fun in that. "No deal. I will put a face mask on if you let me have 3 wishes that you have to do." This could be fun. She thinks about it for a second and agrees. She hands me this packet and inside is this tissue mask that feels absolutely disgusting. Its slimy. I look at her and she knows that I would have been adamant on saying no if I knew it was gonna be this slimy thing. She takes the packet off me and opens it up properly. "Ready" she says and places it on my face. Its cold and i dont even want to touch it. I keep reminding myself that this will be worth it.