Chapter 32

I wake up the next day exhausted from last night at Kim's

I wake up the next day exhausted from last night at Kim's. Vance dropped me back to my apartment because I was pretty drunk all thanks to the influence of none other than Kimberly herself. I lay there squinting as i look at the big sky light above me directly over my bed. Why would someone put a big ass window there. I want sleep which is difficult when there's the sun shining right in my face.

I tossed and turned all night thinking about hardin. I missed him but I'm also angry with him. Those 2 emotions together don't mix well. Im in a constant battle with myself wether I should call him and then move back in and tell him that I will never leave again or to call jim and yell at him for an hour straight just to make myself feel better. The 2nd option sounds so tempting but the first option is what I desire. A part of me can't help but think that maybe he doesn't care that im gone and thats why he hasn't apolagized or tried to call me.

The sky is clear today no clouds in sight which is the complete opposite of whats going on inside my head looks like. I often think about how the weather contrasts to how I feel and usually its in a good way. Its winter in Washington now, November to be exact so its cold outside but the sun is always out and it usually reflects in my mood but today I do not want to get up. I told Kim that me and hardin are taking a break while I was dosed up on alcohol. She said that I was probably just being dramatic which hit a nerve because I knew she would probably slap Hardin one if she found out why I'm doing this. So far its torture. He hasn't called me,Kim,Vance,Landon,Karen,Ken no one in our circle at all which is putting me on edge. The only good thing to come out of this so far is that im in love with my new apartment (except the window that just stupid) It has a completely different energy compared to hardins apartment,probably because all the walls,doors,cupboards,rooms etc are all white. Im a clean and organised person so this place fits my personality to a tea. I find myself wanting to ask hardin if he likes the place and wether or not buying a new couch is a good idea. So many things I want to ask him but I cant and I wont.

My phone goes off next to me on my pillow snapping me out of my thoughts. Its Kim. Again.

'Come over in an hour i need you to help me try on my dress again.'

I sigh heavily at the text because litteraly last night we tried on the dress for the millionth time just to make sure she's still in love with it. Its a stunning dress but there are a gazillion vintage buttons going down the back that requires assistance to put on. I dont reply to the text I just turn over so my face is pressed into my pillow. I groan as I force myself out of bed and up on my feet. I make my way accross my beautiful bedroom to my suitcase that lay open with my clothes all over the place. I still haven't unpacked yet and there is still more of my stuff in the car I need to bring in. I pull on a pair of black jeans and one of my work blazers that's more on the casual/smart side of things. I dont plan on going anywhere today but if I dress nice then it makes me feel better. I havent gone grocery shopping either yet so there's no food here at all. Eventhough this apartment is already furnished extremely well I still have a few things like pictures,mirrors,office storage,bedding,new shower stuff,cleaning supplies and a new rug I still need to get. So I wrote everything down in my phone so I dont forget. A target run never hurts no one... except your bank account.