Chapter 30

"Whats up with you you've been distracted all night" hardin asks

"Whats up with you you've been distracted all night" hardin asks. Weve finished our main meals and now we are waiting for our desert. I havent seen Robert once which is good news.

"nothing im fine Im just... distracted. I did say 'later' and it is later." He looks up at me from his drink checking if im asking what he thinks im asking.

"In fact can we just skip desert and have it at home instead." I move my heel to his trousers pants. He clears his throat and asks for the check.

10 minutes later our check is placed on our table.

"Tess?" Fuck my life.

"Hi Robert. What are you doing here?" Im annoyed because i know he approached me on purpose. I told him if we see eachother then we wave but thats it. I know he didn't want that but I thought he would at least honor my wishes. This whole situation is bad. I know he still hasn't forgiven me for what happened between us and I get it but he knows how hardin feels about him.

"Oh I told you yesterday remember when you were here with that blond friend of yours." It takes a second for hardin to realise who he actually is but once it clicks his face changes.

"Harold right?" Now he's just trying to piss hardin off.

"Hardin actually nice to see you again." He holds out his hand to shake his.Im caught off guard by his calmness and politeness towards Robert.

"What are you both doing here?" This is hell im convinced of it. Rob could just leave and it would be fine but of course he doesn't. I know this is one of his ways of getting back at me. I dont know what else to do ive apolagized soooo many times now and hes still holding onto it.

"Um eating. I wanted to take tess on a date its been a while" Hardin states the obvious.

"Ah so your back with the abuser are you?" My stomach drops at his words.

"What did you just say?" Hardins fist clnches the edge of the table. Here we go.

"Oh nothing I just wouldn't expect for you to get back together not after tess said she was better off when you were gone." And my heart drops.

"What the fuck is wrong with you." I look up at him.

"Im just saying exactly what you told me. You remeber right. This was a few months after you'd left him and we were in a relationship. That was until I caught you in my bestfriends bedroom. Half naked. Im sure you look just as good as my vivid memory does." Mic drop. Before I can even say the truth of what happened hardins up and walking out the door. I call after him telling him to wait. I quickly grab my coat

"You know for someone who claims to have forgiven me and bettered yourself as a person your more of an asshole than you ever were before. Don't talk to me again. Ever." I walk out the resteraunt and try and run after hardin but wearing heels makes that very difficult.