Chapter 35

Tess,I know we thought this time would be different and it was for a while but for some reason there always seems to be something stopping us from being together

Tess,
I know we thought this time would be different and it was for a while but for some reason there always seems to be something stopping us from being together.Im not sure if its the universe trying to tell us something or we just have the shittest luck. Either way I need to go. I've done this to you so many times now and it kills me doing this yet again but apparently I cant take a hint. I want you to be happy,you deserve to be happy and i think that will be achieved without me. After everything that has happened I want you to know that I truly am sorry for everything. I never wanted to hurt you. I really did only see you when I went in to kiss molly. I just missed you. My actions since we met have been some what impulsive and stupid but I never intended on hurting you in the process; it feels like I've done nothing but that though. Your at your mothers house as i write this letter outside your apartment on the floor at 3 in the morning. I will be long gone by the time you read this. I dont want you to be sad. I want you to think back on our relationship as a fond memory. Think of the good times and know that I loved you through every single second of it. I promise there hasn't been a day that i stopped wanting you and you havent gotten out of my mind at all since i first met you in your dorm room. When you didnt say those 3 words back to me I knew it was over. Even if I didnt leave i couldnt be with you knowing you don't love me anymore. I blame myself for it. If I wasnt so fucked up none of this would have happened. I know I will see you again and we can be together in whatever is there for us in the afterlife. I hope so at least, still debating wether hell will suit me more because even after leaving for years and going to therapy I still am a lost cause. I think you knew this since the day we met but we were both so consumed by our intrigue towards eachother that we blocked everything out. We were like magnets. I truly do believe you will find love again tess and im sorry it wasnt with me.
Goodbye tess.
-Hardin x

I choke on my own breath as tears spill down my cheeks onto the parchment paper making the ink bleed. I slide myself down the door collapsing onto the floor holding the letter in my hand. I read over it again and again trying to grasp the fact that he's gone. Again.

My breaths are quick and heavy as my whole body becomes numb. Hes wrong. He isn't a lost cause and I never throughout our entire relationship believed that. I stayed with him because I loved him. My actions did nothing but reflect that through everything. If I didnt I would have never got involved with him back in college. I never left and the one time I do hes gone for good. I don't know what to do with myself as I sit here slumped on the floor in a puddle of tears. I have to go find him I will not let him leave again. He said nothing about where he was going in the letter and my mind immediately goes to the worst place possible. I read the letter again focusing on his words that will hopefully tell me anything about where he could possibly be but it just makes things worse.