Chapter 34

Ive been at my mothers house for around a week now

Ive been at my mothers house for around a week now.I felt so unbelievabley guilty for letting things get so heated at her wedding. I felt like I had ruined the entire night but Kim was persistent on assuring me that it was the best night of her life.

I left Molly at the wedding completely forgetting that I was the one who brought her with me. She rang me the day after the wedding apolagizing for what happened and asking if we were still ok. I wasnt upset with her because she was the one who stopped anything from happening. As much as I used to despise molly I liked her company and I wanted her as my assistant.

I havent spoken to Hardin once and knowing I ended things with him made it hurt so much more. I kick myself everyday for not saying those 3 words back to him. It broke my heart seeing the look on his face when I said nothing back. I love him more than anything in this world and for him to think I dont feel the same after all of these years pains me more than ever.

"Tess are you okay?" My mother sits next to me on the couch watching some day time TV show that she has recently become obbsessed with.

"sorry im just...distracted." I sigh as I avert my eyes from the floor to the TV.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"No. Im fine mom" she wraps her arm around my shoulder and pulls me into her waist.

"Tess I know you better than that and trying to ignore everything that happened between you two is just going to make it worse.Why don't you just give him a call and see if he's okay?"

"Mom i promise you he does not want to talk to me right now. Nor ever again most likely." I take a deep breath and shake my head trying to rid the burdens from my head. I plaster on a smile and try to act like im interested in this show.

Im supposed to be leaving today and Kim's agreed to pick me up. She drove my car back to her house the day after the wedding knowing I wouldnt be in town for a few days.

"Tess your the most stubborn person I know. Maybe more so than me but I've never seen you so devastated over an argument between you two before. Back in college you were all over eachother and you forgave him for his mistakes no matter what."

"BUT WE ARE NOT IN COLLEGE ANYMORE! And it wasnt an argument I ended things with him." I snap getting off the sofa a bit too quickly that all the blood rushed from my brain giving me an instant headache.

"I am not the same person I was back then mom and you know that. I am an adult now with responsibilities and a job I dont have to keep giving people chances all the time." I storm off and make my way up to my old room to be alone. I sit on my small bed still in the exact same position it has been in since I was 6. I missed my old room. This house held so many memories for me good and bad. I wish I hadn't snapped at my mom,I know she just wants the best for me. She used to hate hardin. And I mean HATE him. She would call me all the time just to remind me but it went straight over my head because i loved him and I still do. A big part of me knew that the only reason she didn't like him was because hardin reminded her of my father. When mine and hardins relationship was at an all time low thats when she got really worried and told me to leave him. I did and it was MY decision. I didnt let anyone else's opinions influence that decision. Then my mom fell ill and I came home to take care of her for a while.