Chapter 36

6 years later....

(Im just kidding)

I've been driving for hours

I've been driving for hours. Its dark outside and the only light is sourced from the lights of my car. I arrived back in California 2 days ago but driving always clears my head. Shes called 25 times and I declined all of them. I've debated wether or not I should just chuck my phone out the window and get a new one but I don't want to cut everyone off like I did last time. I know everyone was extremely hurt by my selfish act of disappearing off the face of the earth and I cant do it to them again. I left tess a letter. Cliché I know but Its so much easier for me to write down how I feel rather than physically say how I feel. Its why I have around 50 journals all full to the brim with my thoughts and emotions bursting at the seems. Each word I write is full of meaning,maybe thats why people like my book because its from my own experience. Nothing is planned its all from experience and im just sitting here on the ride that is life.

Im on my way to my favourite spot. A place that is completely deserted at night and full of people during the day. My car drifts along the road all sounds being the wildlife and trees around me. Its one of my favourite sounds, the trees blowing in the wind, I could listen to it for hours.

I pull up along the ocean front to the sound of waves crashing onto the sand. I walk along the path that leads to a row of chairs set up by the resteraunt behind me. I inhale the fresh cold winter air memorising the feeling if what its like to be calm for a minute. Theres something about the beach that I think everyone is drawn to. Even if you don't like the beach everyone at some point in their life has this overwhelming urge to be near the ocean. It helps me put everything into perspective sometimes.

I think to myself that theres an entire world out there and every single living human on it has a completely different life, a completely different story. 7.8 billion people on this earth and some people let the likings of 1 persons opinion deflect what they do with their own life. It blows my mind. Im being hypocritical though because for me there is only 1 persons opinion I care about and now shes gone too. If she doesnt love me then I have nothing to live for but I need to find some sort of purpose in my life,something to live for.

Taking the cowards way out and ending it all just isn't an option. Even if she doesn't love me, i love her and I know it will absolutely crush her if I took my own life. She will think its her fault and I dont want to sound like an ass but it would be. I would do it because she doesn't love me. However If I set myself some sort of life goal then I can aim for that and once I've completed that goal I'll make a new one. I try and think back on any sort of big dream I've had in the past but the only thing I can think of is wanting to be a storm trooper when I was 6. Not very ambitious I must say. I realise there is no dream or something I've wanted to do in the past. I've lived my life one day at a time not caring what the future holds.

"Hardin?" Im snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of a familiar voice behind me.

"Cami?" Im happy to see a familiar face right now.