Chapter 31

I lay on the couch thinking about the events of last night

I lay on the couch thinking about the events of last night. The whole thing made me feel sick and its like he doesn't see a single thing wrong with what he did. He sees it as him expressing how he feels but what he did was nothing but cruel.Now he's going to deal with the aftermath. I didnt sleep once,I cried for hours and I know he could hear me it was hard to even be quiet with hwo upset I was.

I considered leaving and going to Kim's for the night instead but apart of me stayed because I felt like he would come out and apolagize,tell me he's sorry and he didn't know what he was thinking doing that to me. I prayed that he would do something to show me he was sorry but not once did he come out. Not once did he ask if I was ok. I sensed his regret when he slid into bed next to me last night but he's got another thing coming if he thinks im just going to let that go and act like nothing happened. Last night I saw old hardin come back and It scared the living shit out of me.

I sit up on the couch staring at fabric of the couch and thinking to myself how long it would have taken for something like this to be made. My eyes wandered around the room staring at anything even remotely interesting trying to distract myself from reality of what I have to do later. The tap slowly drips every few seconds,the sound of the water echoing through the dead silent room. My Maid of honour dress hangs up on the back of our bedroom door. I planned on showing hardin the dress and telling him we are both going over to Kim and Vances for lunch so he can ask hardin to be his best man. The wedding is soon. Like in 3 weeks soon so its cutting it close.

The bedroom door opens snapping me out of my thoughts as Hardin walks into the room. I avoid eye contact and find something else to concentrate on but its awfully hard when I can feel his eyes on me from accross the room.

"Morning." He says just loud enough that I could hear him. I swallow down the lump forming in my throat not answering him. Awkward silence and tension fills every crevice of the room making it extremely uncomfortable but I have nothing to say to him. I have words. Boy do I have words but im not going to waste my breath.

I get up of the couch leaving the room to go take a shower. I was upset last night but this morning i feel angry and betrayed. I stay in the shower shaving and shaving again leaving my skin extremely smooth trying to think of how exactly in going to do this. I step out of the shower quickly wrapping a warm towel around me before the cold air could hit me. I just stand there for a few seconds thinking to myself. A million thoughts running through my head as I open the door to our bedroom. My eyes fall to hardin sitting on the edge of the bed his face in his hands. He looks up at me and I can see he's trying to read my face for any sign of how I'm feeling. He doesnt say anything and neither do I so I carry on grabbing my clothes to get ready. Im wearing more fancy clothes today as me and Kim are going back to the wedding venue for lunch. Its probably the fanciest venue for a wedding I have done but it fits Kim so well.

"Are you not gonna say any-"

"Can you turn around please." I cut him off.

"Why?" He furrows his brows in confusion.