Chapter 29

"You lied to me

"You lied to me."

"I didnt lie to you I said I didn't know if I would come back." He explains. We must look completely insane quietly yelling at eachother in the middle of the god damn hallway to the bathrooms.

"Im sorry ok. I missed you and im willing to forgive you ok." Before I could say anything his lips are pressed against mine. Kim walks in at exactly the wrong time. She doesn't say anything she walks straight back out.

"What the hell are you doing?" I push him away from me.

"Nothing i just-"

"No no no. I've moved on Robert. Im back with hardin now. Im happy" I wipe at my mouth. I dont know why maybe to remove what just happened from my lips and my mind hopefully.

"Your back with that abusive asshole? I thought you said you were better off with him gone?" He argues. With no context whatsoever this whole conversation sounds extremely bad and I know Kim has her ear pressed up against the door listening in probably telling people trying to go to the toilet to come back in 10 minutes as well.

"I know i said that but that was like 2 weeks after he left. I was leaving him anyways but then he was gone for 3 years instead without any contact with family or anything." I know Robert too well to know his opinion on hardin will never change regardless of how much hardin has changed.

"So when can I meet him?" He clears his throat folding his arm in the process.

"Never is the answer." I dont even want to think what hardin would do if he found out especially now that he's fucking kissed me making it 10x worse because if I keep it a secret then its going to look suspicious and I also promised I wouldnt lie to him anymore. So I won't. But for me to tell him the truth does not require them getting in close proximity with eachother.

"Why not?" He looks down at me our eyes meeting.

"You know why" I raise my eyebrows at him

"Can at we at least meet up for lunch or something just me and you?" He asks. He should already know my answer.

"We can't you know that right. You being back here could ruin everything so if I see you accross the street I'll nod and carry on with my day and so will you. No contact. Nothing." He frowns at my words and I can tell its something that he doesn't want but its what needs to happen.

"Fine." He agrees and I dont waste another minute in this restaurant. Kim's standing outside the restaurant with my dress and bag in hand waiting for me.

"You've got a lot of explaining to do." She says.

"I cant do that shit sober." A small grin plays on Kim's list and eventhough we litteraly were both hungover this morning we decide to go back to Kim's and open a bottle of wine.

"I cant believe you didnt tell me that." Kim gently nudges my arm. We are both a tad tipsy. When I say tipsy I mean we both finished a whole bottle of wine. Each.